Exam One

I wake the next morning before grabbing an apple for breakfast as usual. I teleport to Ibiki's office where the Anbu steps forward before going back to his previous position making me blink. They have finally realised that this is always going to happen so they've relaxed when I appear making me give a small smile. That is until I notice that Ibiki is not here like I thought he would be causing me to sigh. Where the hell could he be right now? We're supposed to meet up with all the Genin in a little bit. I turn to face the Anbu that is blended in with his surroundings and feel his chakra spike in surprise.

"Hey where is Ibiki at? We've got to give the first part of the Chunin exam in a little bit."

"He went to do an interrogation a few minutes ago."

"Shit! I should have known he'd do something like this. Thank you for telling me. I'll see you later."

I slip out of the room to where I sense Ibiki's chakra to be before seeing Shikaku standing outside. He looks up hearing my footsteps considering I'm not masking the sound they are making. I give a smile as I come to a stop in front of him as a scream comes from the closed door next to us. My eyes stray for a second until the scream dies making me roll my eyes at how long the scream lasted.

"Yuki, you don't normally come down here so what brings you?"

"Uncle Ibiki and I are holding the first part of the Chunin exams in a few minutes. I came to get him, but he wasn't in his office."

"I'll get Ibiki for you. Does Shikimaru and Choji know you are proctoring the exam today?"

I give a mischievous smile letting him know the answer causing him to chuckle before knocking on the door. Ibiki throws open the door with pursed lips causing me to raise an eyebrow at him. He sees me standing behind Shikaku making curses slip under his breath causing me to giggle. Apparently, the prisoner hears me and shouts out to us making me huff.

"You guys let a kid come down here and I'm the messed up one? That's totally messed up!"

"Honestly, you're a baka! They didn't bring me down here. I came of my own accord now shut up until they come back for you!" I spat at the man before slamming the door.

Shikaku and Ibiki are giving small smiles before I begin walking down the halls with Ibiki trailing behind me. We walk out of the T&I building before walking to the academy to arrive ahead of the participants. We've just made it into the room and we've hidden ourselves in the shadows as they begin entering the room. My stomach clenches up when a set of rain Genin come into the room causing me to put a hand to my abdomen. I look at their chakra and one of them looks familiar, but that can't be true. I brush it off as our genin come into the room and I see my best friends, but a shinobi approaches then making me purse my lips. That's when I double over looking at him and breathe quickly in pain before telling Ibiki I need to leave. He nods looking worried as we make ourselves known to the participants and I hold out in the hopes of introducing myself. However another wave of nausea hits me and I immediately transport without a thought. I must have overshot considering I feel someone catch me as the nausea eases now that I am away from those two participants. I breathe jaggedly from the pain that I endured before opening my eyes to see oji-san, Aunt Kurenai, and Uncle Asuma looking at me.

"I must have overshot. Do you know if the Hokage is in his office? I really need to speak to him." I say with my hand pressed to my abdomen.

Oji-san picks me up before teleporting us to the Hokage who is in his office like I thought. Teleporting on the fly like that means I could have ended up anywhere which is dangerous. Ojii-san gives me a surprised look when Uncle Shi sets me on my feet, but I keep my hand fisted in his shirt. He puts his hand in my head as the pain slowly leaks out of my body and I can relax finally.

"Yuki, aren't you supposed to be proctoring the exam right now?"

"Yes, but I think the village is in danger and an old foe of the village has come back disguised. I saw the chakra after my stomach gave me immense pain, but I tried to wait it out. Except I had to teleport on the fly and overshot to where Uncle Shi was."

"Who is it, Yuki?" He says looking immensely worried.

"Orochimaru has come back to the leaf village. I want to doubt it, but he's probably heard about Sasuke and is curious about him. Damned fool I warned him about this, but his ego is too big. I'm going back to the exam, but I had to warn you about the possibility in case something happens."

Uncle Shi tightens his hand against my head making me realise how worried he is now that all of this has been revealed. He doesn't want me to go back, but knows it would look suspicious if I don't go back. I hug him tightly making sure he knows if I could I would not go back, but I have to face this. Plus Ibiki won't let anyone hurt me and if he thinks something is wrong he'll keep an eye on me. I teleport from the office to the desk Ibiki is standing next to making his eyes flick to me. I quickly scribble a note before sliding it to him as I let my eyes flicker over everyone in the room. I can feel Ibiki watching as well before I lay on the desk as the nausea comes back. I meditate in the hopes that it will block this feeling and it does which allows my body to relax. I come out of it just as the test finishes making me smirk at all my friends who made it and I give a smile seeing my team still here. I'm broken out of my thoughts when Anko bursts through the window with a banner before grabbing my arm and I see the writing on the banner.

"Alright maggots there isn't much time for you to rest. I'm Anko and I'm your proctor for the second exam."

"I'm Yuki Hatake the other proctor for the next exam. Congratulations on passing the first exam, but this next one won't be easy."

"Your sensei will tell you where to meet us tomorrow morning."

Anko and Ibiki leave as some of the participants leave as well so they can prepare for the next part tomorrow. I catch up to Neji and his team, but his teammates leave when I appear at their side. Neji blinks surprised, but I can only tell because of how well I know him. The two of us begin walking side by side silently until we make it to my training grounds where I sit on the ground. Surprisingly, he sits across from me making me give a soft smile at the sight.

"What happened before the exam? You looked to be in pain before you disappeared."

"Do you remember when I told you my stomach clenches up around certain people because either they are in danger or they are danger?" I ask and he nods still a bit confused.

"Before anyone from Konoha came in I looked at a ninja and instantly doubled over in pain. I looked at another ninja after you all came and the pain came back again. I thought I could hold out until the end of the test, but I was overwhelmed and had to leave."

"It happened again during the test didn't it? That's why you were meditating during most of the test."

"It made the pain go away while I was meditating and I was able to let my body relax. You need to get some rest for the exam tomorrow because it won't be easy like the one you just finished."

I give him a smile before teleporting home and landing on the couch with a grunt. I squint before looking to the kitchen where oji-san is cooking dinner which we eat once it's finished. Later that night I sit in the roof unable to sleep when I hear someone coming at me. I move, but I'm not quick enough being exhausted and my eyes fly open seeing who it is. That's when I feel a burning on my neck and slap a hand to where he bit me.

"Orochimaru, I was right when I saw your chakra earlier. You know a lot of people will be coming for you now because of this."

"Yes, well you can't foil my plans tomorrow considering you'll pass out soon. See you soon Yuki."

He leaves and I swing into my room and gasp feeling the mark heat up against my neck. I open my door before walking a few steps down the hall and slide open the door to oji-san's room. He wakes up turning to the door and moves forward seeing my hand on my neck. He catches me just as my knees buckle and my hand falls revealing what is on my neck. He gasps just as I fall into the darkness that this mark has forced into my vision.