Reuniting with a Brother

*Third P.O.V.*

Kisame and Yuki finally put their swords away after a long training session and Yuki pants after the workout. Only her training for the day isn't over and Hidan comes out to the training area with his scythe at the ready with a grin. Yuki lets no expression cross her face as Kisame stands out of the way to see how this battle will go. It is another long drawn out battle where Yuki uses only ninjutsu and taijutsu to stay out of the path of Hidan's scythe before she surprises him by taking out her sword. Before the two members can blink Hidan's head is cut off causing him to curse loudly. Yuki giggles before picking his head up placing it on his body before skipping into the living room where everyone is gathered waiting. Yuki latches onto the person closest to her who happens to be Deidara. The blonde looks down to see Yuki attached to his leg like normal before turning to Pein. Pein nods once all of the members have appeared in the room before he explains why they are all here.

"Kisame's partner has finally made it here."

A black-haired teen walks into the room without any emotion upon his face making Yuki blink in surprise. She lets go of Deidara's leg carefully looking at the newcomer before grinning. She runs to his side before wrapping her arms around him making the person look at her. The others see shock and surprise briefly cross his face as Yuki looks up at him.

"Ita-nii why are you here?"

"Yuki, I thought you were with Zabuza still."

"I was only with Uncle Zazu for a year before I came home. Are you going to be here for a long time?"

"Yes, Leader has asked me to help Kisame out and to help train you while I'm here."

Before anything more can be said the two are interrupted when everyone introduces themselves silently wondering how Yuki knew the new member. It appears that they met while she was with Zabuza three years ago, but why would he still be alive if that was so? Sasori moves towards his daughter to tell her that he is needed to go on a mission and he knows she's going to be upset even though she knows he has to go. Yuki looks to her father feeling her chest constrict in fear already knowing that he has to leave because of the solemn look on his face.

"Papa needs to leave, doesn't he? Uncle Pein gave you a mission with Dei-nii."

"I'm afraid so little one. We'll try to be back quick and if anything happens just do what you normally do."

Itachi watches her face twist up in some kind of emotion before she nods and Sasori leaves the base with Deidra right behind him. Itachi is startled when her hands fist into his pants and a look of fear crosses her face for a split second as her eyes flicker to one of the members. He looks over in confusion to see that she looked at Orochimaru before Kisame walks over to the two. He places a hand on Yuki's head making her look at him with big eyes and he knows that Sasori must have been sent on a mission with Deidara for her to look like this.

"He has to go on a mission, huh? He won't hurt you again Yuki. You've got all of us to protect you from him." He says quietly before she hides her face in Itachi's pants.

"Why is she afraid of Orochimaru?" Itach quietly asks Kisame so that Yuki cannot hear him.

"A couple of months before she went to Zabuza and incident happened that's scarred her. Orochimaru took her when we turned our backs for a moment when Sasori was gone and performed an experiment on her. We saved her, but when her father is gone she tends to stay with one of the members because she's terrified he's going to take her once more."

"He hurt her and he's been allowed to stay around her? Why don't you send her to her mother where it might be safer?"

"We would if we could, but her mother left her at the entrance when she was only a few months old because she had ninja attacking her and she couldn't fight as well as protect Yuki. She's safe here for now, but he's been warned. If he harms Yuki or one of the members for an experiment he will be kicked out."

"Ita-nii may I stay with you?" She asks looking up at him.

"Of course, Yuki."

She grins before running off to Konan who picks her up before setting Yuki on her hip. Yuki begins braiding her hair as they talk and Itachi carefully watches them recognising someone through her features, but he can't believe what he's thinking. Kisame furrows his brows seeing the confusion in Itachi's eyes as he watches Yuki and Konan speak with one another. That is until Itachi breaks the silence between the two.

"Do you know who Yuki's mother is? Her features remind me of someone I knew from back home, but no one has seen her for years."

"I don't know who her mother is and I don't think Yuki knows either. I think only three people know the identity of her mother because it's been a secret for her safety apparently. Konan, Sasori, and Leader-sama are the only three who could answer the question if they even want to give you an answer."

Itachi nods before moving over to Pein who gestures to his office already knowing what the young Uchiha wants to speak about. The two enter Pein's office where Itachi is carefully watched before Konan appears in the room with a nod. Pein relaxes just a bit knowing Yuki is with someone trusted while Orochimaru is watching her again like that ill-fated day five years ago.

"Who is Yuki's mother? Her features look like someone the leaf has not seen for many years that I knew very well."

"Who do you think Yuki's mother is Itachi?"

"Juzo Hatake."

"Sasori was correct then on how quick you would figure out who her mother is. As Kisame probably told you Yuki was left on our doorway with a note explaining that someone was after Juzo and she needed to leave Yuki here with Sasori. She knew that Sasori would care for her. Keep an eye out tonight while she is with you because Orochimaru is watching her closely once more."

Itachi nods before leaving Pein's office to see Yuki followed by Zetsu and once she makes it to Itachi she attaches herself to him. Zetsu nods before leaving as Yuki gives a small yawn and Itachi takes her to his room where she lays in his bed. He sits on the floor next to the bed where she can see him and he can easily protect her from the snake Sanin.

"Ita-nii it's okay to be upset."

"Upset over what?" He says turning to look her in the eyes with confusion.

"Whatever brought you here. You wouldn't be here if nothing happened. Something bad happened and you had to come here."

Before anything more can be said Yuki has fallen into a light slumber that he doesn't want to interrupt even though he is shocked she knows something happened back in Konoha.

*A/N: Juzo Hatake is a character I have created that will come into play in the next chapter. Thank you for reading!*