Chapter 24

Trigger warning: this chapter contains a little bit of talking about emotional abuse and self harm, may be triggering.
----------------------------------------------

"Wanna play video games?" Michael asked me after we were sitting around in Michael's room for a while, not really sure what to do.

"Yeah, okay", I said shrugging.

A grin appeared on Michael's face as he grapped my arm and dragged me to the living room.

He put in a random game I knew from playing with Aiden. I wasn't a big fan of video games, but I didn't mind them and Aiden used to play them with me all the time to distract me when our parents were fighting or after we had a confrontation with one of them.

Michael handed me a controller and sat down next to me.

I smirked as I realised that that was the only game I was capable of winning against Aiden and I really hoped I could win against Mikey too, just because I wanted to see his face after I won.

I won the first game and Michael crossed his arms in front of his chest pouting.

A soft chuckle escaped my lips after seeing Mikey like that.

"Awww, kitten, we can play again."

"Don't call me that."

"What? Kitten?"

"Yeah."

I chuckled. "Why not? It's cute."

"I'm punk, not cute."

"Yeah, of course you are. Pouting is so punk rock", I said sarcastically.

He stick his tongue out to me and continued pouting. He couldn't keep doing that very long though and after a few seconds he started talking again.

"Why are you even so good at that?"

I shrugged. "I have a brother, we played video games a lot."

"Let's play again, I just let you win, I can do better."

I laughed and nodded. "Sure."

We continued playing and I was pretty close to winning as Michael decided to start a conversation with me again.

"What do you want to do later, babe?"

I frowned in confusion and tried to keep my thoughts on the game when I looked at Michael from the corner of my eye. He was smirking.

"I- Uh- what?" I stuttered as I tried to answer in a normal sentence.

What did he just call me?

Michael chuckled an shifted a bit closer to me so that our knees touched.

What was he doing?

I was so confused and couldn't keep my eyes on the TV screen. I swallowed and moved to the left, trying to get a bigger distance between us.

The moment I looked back to the screen telling me that Michael won I knew what he was doing.

He wanted to distract me.

And he did a pretty good job.

"This is just... wow, Michael, that is not okay." I shock my head, disapproving of what he just did.

But he was laughing. "I'm sorry, I just remembered your reaction after I called you love the other day and you were so distracted and zoned out for a moment and then the temptation was too overwhelming to resist."

"This is really mean."

"I'm sorry, love", he giggled, "it's way too adorable to see how flustered you get when I just call you a random nickname." And then he hold his stomach and bursted out laughing again.