Chapter 103

He looks so happy, awww.

That boy really owns my heart.
----------------------------------------------

The sound of Tomorrow Never Dies coming from my phone cut through the air.

When Aiden realised that I didn't plan on getting it he stood up and did it himself. He handed the phone to me and left the room.

I hated him.

"Adley?"

I heard Michael's voice, I panicked, I didn't know what to do.

I fucked up.

I had no idea what really happened the evening before, but there was just one constant thought on my mind and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I cheated on Michael.

I was disgusting.

I hated everything about me.

And so did Michael, of course he did, why wouldn't he?

"Adley, are you okay?"

I couldn't hold the phone up anymore and it fell down to my feet while I started sobbing.

I was crying shaking, bawling, sniffling.

I was a gross, disgusting, cheating, mess.

And Michael was still on the phone and he listened to me crying.

"Please calm down, please don't cry, it will be okay, just stop crying, please, Adley, please stop crying."

He sounded sad and concerned, but understanding him fully was hard, the phone laid on the floor, speakers off and I couldn't concentrate on anything he said.

"Video call. Now. If you don't take the call, I will make Aiden do it."

And with that he hung up again, just so I could hear my ringtone another time a few seconds after.

I pulled the hood of my sweater over my head, wiped away the tears and got the call.

I knew I couldn't escape this.

I was still sobbing slightly when I placed the device on my desk and sat down in front of it.

"Adley! Are you okay? Dumb question, obviously you are not. Should I come? Well, I can't exactly come, everything is pretty stressful here right now, but you can come“ he started rambling immediately after I could see his face.

Then he saw it – I would have covered it up, but I forgot it even existed.

He saw the mark on my neck, he cringed, swallowed hard and narrowed his eyes.

To say he was mad would have been an understatement.

"Michael, I'm so sorry, I'm so so so so sorry." I laid my head in my hands and started fully crying again.

"Adley, calm down, it'll be okay, love. It's not as bad as you might think it is."

"What do you mean?" I mumbled, "What happened?"

"You were at this party, god knows why. You sent me drunk texts about how much you love me, and I tried to figure out where you were so that I could call Aiden to get you. You kept rambling about how you wanted to see me until I finally got you to ask someone for the address. There was this dude and it was his party and you asked him, but he said he'll just tell you for a dance. You even asked me if that'd be okay" he scoffed. "I promised you to sing a song for you if you do what I tell you to do, so you wanted to leave the house while the other dude wasn't there. But he got back right when you were about to leave, and he grabbed you and he... um... tried" I could hear him taking a deep breath, "things. But you managed to get away from him."

It was silent for a few minutes.

"And yes, that's the whole story, nothing more happened. You told me all this on the phone crying and repeating that I please shouldn't hate you over and over again. Of course this whole thing was terrifying and horrible enough... but it could have ended way worse."

I looked in the mirror across the room, my eyes fixing on the mark on my skin.

"I have a hickey."

He sighed, "I know, and I'm pretty sure he has a black eye."

"How?"

"Aiden walked in there again and... well, you can imagine the rest."

"So you don't hate me?" I asked anxiously.

"Not at all, I'm just worried about you. Talk to me and don't try to drown your feelings in alcohol."

"I heard you were talking with Aiden on the phone earlier."

"Um, yeah", he started to get a little nervous, "Nothing major, I just wanted to know if you are okay."

I looked down at my left hand, I didn't pull off the promise ring before going to bed, I was probably too drunk. "He told you he doesn't think I'm really getting better. Do you think I am?" I looked up again and locked eyes with him.

"I'm not sure if this is the right time to talk about this."

"He said you've never seen me without you being with me before."

"Hey, look, I have an idea, but I need to sort a few things out before I can tell you about it, but it will hopefully make things easier, alright?"

And so, the one time I actually wanted to talk completely honestly about my feelings with Michael he cut me off.

"Yeah, sure, okay."

"Great, try to rest, I'm sure Aiden has some great tips to get rid of the hangover for you, I need to go now."

"Wait a sec."

"What's up?"

I thought about just shrugging it off, about not saying anything, but gladly I didn't.

"Are we okay?"

He looked at me for a while, thinking about what I just asked.

"No, but we will be."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"I- uh- I love you."

"I love you too."