Chapter 67

Exactly one month after not hearing anything from my boyfriend my phone rang.

When I picked it up and saw the caller ID I hesitated for a few seconds. Mikey ❤. But of course, no matter how much pain he put me through in the last months, it was hard for me to be mad at him for more than five minutes.

And I needed him, more than anything.

Michael was everything I had, and I knew that by losing him I would also lose myself.

"Hey?"

"Adley! You picked up!"

"You sound enthusiastic."

"I am."

"And why is that?"

"Did you know that there are shooting stars this night?"

"What? Yeah, I know."

"You should look at them."

"Why?"

"Because that's super romantic."

I chuckled, I missed this. Random calls to do random things together, something we did all the time, but it suddenly stopped.

"What the heck, that's so random and you are not even here. And our relationship definitely isn't romantic at the moment."

"As random as the random topic changings?"

I could hear him grinning through the phone which made me smile.

"Now go on your roof and look at the damn stars."

"Alright, boss."

Of course, no one of us mentioned our break thingy.

I was miserable without him and I wanted to be mad at him.

I knew that he would have deserved it.

But I just couldn't.

I opened the door and walked out of the flat, up to the rooftop, still confused why Michael wanted me to look at shooting stars.

Michael was chuckling at the other end of the line, hearing his voice after all this time, hearing him laugh, it felt like falling in love all over again.

I opened the heavy door and felt the cold air, causing me to shiver.

"Dark, cold, super romantic."

He giggled.

But I heard him not just on the other end of the line. I looked up and there he was, just a few meters away from me.

"What the..."

I looked at the newly lilac-haired boy, I couldn't believe he was right in front of me, I couldn't believe my eyes.

I was going insane.

That was the only explanation for this.

I was mad, mental.

I missed him so much, I was already imagining him.

"Are you really...?"

"Yes, kitten."

"I'm dreaming again, aren't I?"

"Knowing that you have nightmares I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing that you are dreaming about me sometimes."

I felt my knees getting weak, my hands losing all their strength and I heard the sound of my phone falling to the cold floor.

A smile made its way on my face, I must have looked like a total idiot like that.

When Michael realised how happy I was too see him his muscles relaxed again. He must have been so nervous about my reaction, but he calmed down completely.