Bonus Chapter 5

2024

"Michael! The boys are here!" I yelled to my husband after greeting the three with a short hug.

"How are you doing? Where are the kids?" Ashton asked while kneeing down to Rusty.

"Parker is in school and Skylar is with Nathalie" I answered while putting on my shoes. Short after Michael rushed down to us and and greeted his friends quickly.

Luke looked both of us up and down slowly. "You're okay? You look tired."

I nodded. "We're fine, just lack of sleep a bit at the moment."

Michael yawned, as if he was agreeing with me.

"If you guys need some time off, just tell us. We can get this done without you, Mike, and the kids aren't here so you can relax for a bit."

Mikey shrugged Calum's suggeston off. "Thanks, but Adley needs to go anyway, so I can just leave with you as well."

Michael and I both put on our jackets and walked outside.

"Okay, wow, guys, slow down" Ash said a little concerned and walked after us.

"We both know that you can meet up with the publishing company next week as well, Ley. And you both really should take a step back. Michael is always away, working, band stuff, having concerts and interviews. And when he's here you both have enough work with the kids. So take our offer and stay here today, make hot chocolate, watch a movie, whatever. You look tired and exhausted and we know you both can need some time for yourselves. When were you on a date the last time anyway?"

I scoffed, "What are dates? Don't know this thing."

"See!" Ash exclaimed while dragging us back in our house again.

"We have an interview, Ashton, I need to be there as well."

"You don't" Luke said, "It's not really important and we'll just tell them that you needed some time off, it's not a big deal."

Ashton stopped walking the moment we were standing in front of our sofa. "Sit."

We both sighed, but sat down like he told us to.

"Do whatever you want, but don't work."

"But if we are here anyway we can just get Sky, and Parker is off from school in half an hour as well."

"I'll ask Nathalie to get him, they can spend the night at our place."

"No, Calum, that's way too much to ask for."

"Good you didn't ask. Nathalie loves them, and they love her, and they also love Duke and I hope me too. They don't have school tomorrow and we can do something together and bring them back here tomorrow evening."

"You know how much work it is to get them in bed."

"Sky doesn't like sleeping somewhere else" Michael added.

"She never minds sleeping at our's, calm down you two. They stayed with us before."

"He's right, you both are worrying too much" Ashton agreed with Calum and Luke nodded as well.

I sighed, but gave in. "If Parker tells you he doesn't have homework as-"

"Ask another time, if he still says he doesn't have homework he really doesn't. I know, Adley."

"I'll get their stuff from upstairs, we need to hurry if we don't want to be late." Right after Luke said that I could hear him walking up the stairs, Rusty right behind him.