Chapter 69

Little disclaimer that since they are in Austria right now other people there speak German, but of course I write the German talks in English too.
----------------------------------------------

Of course, exactly then, when Michael and I were together again after all this time, something like that needed to happen.

The doorbell rang.

"Ugh, I don't want to, who is ringing on doors that late anyway?" I groaned and buried my face in Michael's shoulder.

He slowly put my legs away from his lap and stood up. I shivered on the sudden loss of his warmth.

"I'll get it."

"You can't even speak German."

He turned around halfway and looked at me. "Ich liebe dich... See, I know all the important things."

"That was the cutest thing ever, say that again, oh my god, I can't even."

He grinned and said it again with his cute Australian accent, "Ich liebe dich, Adley."

"I think my heart just stopped beating."

The doorbell rang another time.

„Good luck answering if everything you can say is I love you."

Michael chuckled and seriously went to answer the door.

A few seconds later Mikey called for me. "Adley? You are right, I can't speak enough German. Here is a woman, she is super weird and I'm not sure if she understands me."

I laughed when I got up and walked to the door, but when I saw who was standing there I didn't feel like laughing anymore.

I tried to close the door as fast as possible, but she already had her foot in between, I was too slow.

"Adley!"

She smiled at me and took a step forward, entering the flat.

"You better leave right now."

"Adley, come on, we haven't seen each other in ages."

"It should have stayed like that."

She took another step forward, I took one backwards.

"Don't come any closer, I swear."

It was at that moment that Michael realised that whoever that woman was, I didn't want her here. He stood slightly in front of me, protectively.

"Leave her alone, you are clearly not wanted here."

"Her English sucks, Michael, you don't even have to try."

Since now Michael didn't know what to do to help me he intertwined our fingers instead, giving me a feeling of safety.

"Who is that young man, Adeline Claire Shaileen?"

I cringed at the mention of my real first name.

"None of your business."

"I just want to talk, you should be nicer to your own mother."

Mikey suddenly started coughing in shock, of course, that was something he understood.

"I don't have a mother, leave me alone."

I pushed her out of the room roughly and wanted to close the door, but again, she was faster than I.

"I just wanted to talk, I don't mean it bad. I knew that Aiden wouldn't let me in so I took my chance now that he isn't here. I'm sorry, I really am. I stopped drinking, I tried to get better again and I'd love it if we could meet up some day and just talk, I miss you and Aiden. My number is still the same, please call when you have time, goodbye, Adley."