Chapter 48

He looks so emo, I can't. I definitely have a soft spot for Mikey with eyeliner.
----------------------------------------------

I spotted the colour haired boy in a crowd of people, he held up a sign saying Shaileen on it and a big grin was plastered on his face. His eyes lit up the moment he saw me, and he let the sign fall on the floor, running to us as fast as he could, of course he ran into a few people on his way to us. I threw my arms around his neck when he spun me around and giggled when he placed me on the floor again.

"I've missed you" I said when a few tears made their way down my cheeks, overwhelmed by my feelings, as Michael wrapped his arms around me again, pulling me as close to his chest as he could.

"I've missed you just as much, love."

I couldn't help it and let a few sobs escape my lips.

"Don't cry, I'm here now and we'll have an awesome time." Michael gently kissed my forehead, causing my heart to skip a beat again and me to realise that Layla may be right.

I needed to tell him.

Since Aiden still stood next to me, casually third wheeling, Calum went to my brother and greeted him friendly.

"Everything's better when you are around."

Michael let out a soft giggle. "Same goes for you."

I slowly lifted my arms from his neck and took a step back, so I could actually look at my best friend.

"You've dyed your hair."

"Yeah, you like it? You told me you love blue so... surprise!" he exclaimed enthusiastically.

"It really suits you, you look great."

"Thank you. You've dyed yours too, you are beautiful." He looked me up and down and I felt myself blushing, causing him to smirk, knowing that his words did have a pretty obvious effect on me.

"Thanks, it was kind of an accident, I actually wanted to dye them back to brown but I somehow messed that up, so I just dyed them black, figuring that black covers up everything anyway."

Mikey chuckled. "I can help you if you still want them back to your natural hair colour."

"Nah, I'm good, thanks, I don't want to kill my hair."

We just looked at each other smiling and totally forgot that we weren't alone until Calum cleared his throat.

I looked at the boy next to Michael who sheepishly grinned at me. I smiled at him and instantly pulled him into a hug, he stumbled slightly since he wasn't expecting that but after a few seconds of hesitation he laid his arms around me as well.

"Hey, Adley."

"Hi, Cal", I said when I pulled away again, realising that my brother was still awkwardly standing next to me.

Aiden never had a problem with meeting new people and he was always quite chill in social situations, something I wish I'd be capable of. The reason why this was so weird for him was probably I. He had never seen me so close with anyone before, I seemed so comfortable and calm, he didn't know how fast my heart was beating. I was never acting like myself around other people and Aiden knew that. But I clearly was with these boys and I could understand why that messed with my brother's head. Right in that moment I was the girl he was used to be around at home, not the girl he was used to be around in public. It definitely was weird and I couldn't quite explain it myself.

"Oh, yeah, right, that's my brother, Aiden. Aiden, that's Michael."

They greeted each other with an awkward handshake, causing me to laugh softly.