Chapter 49

After we ate and talked a little longer I started to feel the lack of sleep and the caffeine in my body eased off.

The boys didn't seem to notice though and since I felt way too tired to go to my room and I also didn't want to interrupt them I just shifted a bit closer to Michael, he laid his arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on his chest, having a déjà vu when he kissed my head and I drifted off to sleep.

Still feeling Ashton's pricing gaze on us.

-

I woke up when someone pulled a blanket over my body and yawned sleepily.

"Mike?" I said when I heard footsteps walking away from the bed, towards the door. The boy immediately stopped and locked eyes with me, looking at me questioningly.

"Can you stay? Please?" The words sounded muffled, maybe because I wasn't really awake, maybe because I was shy, and the question seemed so dumb, maybe just both.

I couldn't tell him that sleeping started to scare me because my nightmares became extreme and I couldn't handle them anymore, but I knew that it gets better with Michael next to me.

It was absurd, yet I didn't want to question it, just being happy that there was something that helped me sleep, even if it was a person who I couldn't see as often as I wish I could.

That exactly he seemed to calm me down confused me as well, since on the other hand he made my heart go crazy and I honestly hated it and I hated that I stopped ignoring these feelings after I talked with Layla because the moment I admitted them they suddenly got so real.

"What did you say?"

"Can you stay?"

Now his look changed from questioning to confused, he didn't expect me to ask that.

"Are you sure?"

"Please, Michael."

"I'll go change, I'll be back in a sec." Michael closed the door behind him and because I was awake already I also changed into some more comfy clothes and the moment I was back in bed the door opened and Michael went in the room, carefully closed the door behind him again and climbed in the bed behind me.

He kept a safe distance between us and I was sure that was because he wanted me to be comfortable. When I shifted a bit closer to him he relaxed, not being nervous with the situation anymore, knowing that I was okay with it. He laid his arm around my waist and mumbled a quiet goodnight before we both fell asleep at the same time.

-

"Get up, darlin'."

I felt someone shaking my shoulder and slowly opened my eyes. I closed them again when I realised that the sun was shining through the window straight into my face.

I mumbled, "I'm tired, let me sleep."

"I know, love, but you need to get through this, you shouldn't mess up your sleeping pattern that much. I made coffee for you."

I sat up straight at the mention of coffee and looked at Michael who stood next to the bed.

"What's the time?"

"12:30."

"I really did mess up my sleeping pattern."

He giggled. "I know, the rest of the group is in the kitchen, coffee is there too."

I nodded when Michael left the room and quickly changed and brushed my hair, I then walked to the kitchen a few minutes later.

"Morning."