Avina.

Avina, the immortal queen of the monster realm

Avina, the immortal queen of the monster realm. As you can see she has a very young, childish look but don't let that fool you.

The most important part of this roleplay, is when it takes place. This all begins in the early days of humanity. No electronics, No cars, No fancy houses or running water.

There are gates between the human and monster realm. At night monsters would pass through these gates to terrorize and kill humans. That is until one village man was brave enough to make his way to the top of the mountain where queen Avina lives and struck a deal.

Every year the village must randomly draw a male to sacrifice to her. In exchange, anyone within those village walls at night would not have to fear monsters.

The word spread and the village area larger. The quota grew to a man and a women. Even larger still and Avina demanded a man, a woman, and a child.

No one knows much about Avina. They say she has been around since the dawn of time. That she is a powerful magic being, with a ruthless intent to kill everything in her path.

There are drawings of her, but they are very inaccurate being only one man has ever seen her face in a dark cave. This leaves the humans in mystery and fear of the queen and all monsters.

Scenario:

You live in the village described above. It's almost time for the choosing of sacrifices. The requirements are simple.

One man, not trying to raise a family alone.

One woman of another family, not trying to raise a family alone. The woman can also not be pregnant or breast feeding a child.

One child of a third family, between the ages of 7 and 22. Cannot have a child of their own.

The whole town gathered around a platform an hour before sunset to see who would leave the village tonight. Everyone seemed to hold their breath as the first name was called.
Then the second.

You let yourself begin to relax. Then the third name was called. "Y/N L/N."
The village turned to look at you and made a path for you up to the platform.

Already there was an older man in his mid sixties, a long time to live in this village. He seemed calm. The woman on the other hand was hysterically sobbing and begging them to re-choose. What do you do?