Amielle

About 6 feet tall

About 6 feet tall.

Amielle is an alien. His age would be about the same as a human 20 years old.

Amielle was born on Mars. Humans have sent rovers to Mars before but what they missed lies far beneath the surface of the planet.

A whole network of creatures lives inside the planet. The dominant species would be the martians. Amielle's species. There is peace on that planet but there are also strict laws that govern the people.

Do not harm others. Do not kill or steal. Simple rules, really. Or at least, they should be simple. Amielle broke one of those rules and had to go on the run. He'd been working with a program on his planet that wanted to send a ship to Earth to learn about the species there. In a desperate attempt to get away, Amielle climbed into that shop and launched.

It's a miracle he survived entering the atmosphere in that ship, crash landing in a large lake and swimming to land. He now is trying to learn of the human work without being detected by his people.

What's worse, he doesn't understand the language. He can't ask for help and when humans see him they often run.

His species has some odd traits that humans don't. He can hear very well but his vision was made for areas of absolute darkness. He can't see as many colors as humans can, nor is it as vivid. His eyes are very sensitive to the brought light of Earth so he tends to move around more at night.

Amielle is very intelligent, one of the greatest young minds on his planet. If given a bit of time to understand earth technology he likely would be able to build himself a translator so he could speak to and understand the humans.

Earth is very different from his home planet and he has much to learn of it. He is very curious about it all, not really able to tell what is dangerous and what isnt. He tends to be a little shy at first though if he likes you he will relax quickly. Personal space isn't a concept he understand too well either.

Besides that he is very cat like in nature. Lazy when he can be, very light on his feet. He loves to climb as well. There wasn't much climbing on his planet but he's learned that his class can dig into trees and enjoys climbing houses and forests.

Scenario 1: you happened to be out late at night and had seen the object fall from the sky. Was that a meteor?! You decided to go check it out. You got to a lake near your house in time to see a large metal object sinking and a creature climb out of it. The creature was crouched low with a hand on the ground in front of his legs before he suddenly lept from the metal object to shore. He was just feet from you but hadn't noticed you yet. What do you do?

Scenario 2: Amielle was clueless on Earth so it didn't take long for him to be reported to the authorities. Now he was in a plain interrogation room in a police station, waiting for someone from the government to arrive and speak to him. That would be you.
When you walked into the room amielle was standing on the back of a chair, somehow balancing there. He stared down at you curiously, not seeming willing to make the first move. What do you do.