Diya

Diya, 17, Orphan

Diya, 17, Orphan.

Diya was born with an odd gift. The same gift her parents had. They could see things that 'werent there'.

The monster under the bed or in the closet that some kids cry about? They're real, Diya and her parents could see them.

Her parents were ridiculed growing up, even signed themselves into a mental hospital. Nothing helped and they eventually began to fake normality.

Then Diya was born. No one knows what happened for sure, it why it happened, but Diya was found in the door step of an orphanage and her parents vanished off the map.

Unfortunately for Diya, she had the same talent of seeing these demons and monsters. At first she was terrified of them. The kids in the orphanage would make fun of her. But eventually she realized not all of them are mean. Her three favorites are Lucas, Maia, and Drago (the three bunny looking things in the photo).

The bullying continued throughout her childhood and got worse at school. Everyone knows to avoid the girl with the glossy purple eyes, that she's insane.

If anyone got to know her, they would find that Diya is a sweet girl. She's kind, and trusting, and funny. She tries not to let the others words affect her but sometimes it's hard.

Scenario 1: You worked with children with mental disabilities and/or illnesses. Some had it worse than others. Recently you got a call from a girl at the orphanage. She said that one of the roommates always spoke of things that weren't there. That the female, who's name was Diya, scared her. That she was a danger. You decided it would be a good idea to see this for yourself. She may have to be separated if she was a threat to the others. When you arrived you went to a closed off room and found Diya on the couch in there. She liked sad and refused to acknowledge you. What do you do?
(Or similar scenario if you want to adopt her)

Scenario 2: You are also an orphan. You recently got transferred (or your parents recently died and you got sent) to the same orphanage as Diya. Diya was, in fact, your roommate. You arrived before Diya got home from school so you had time to look around. Diyas desk was covered in art supplies and her bed was messily made. She seemed excited for you as she had left a gift on your bed. You open it to find a little bunny charm. You begin to unpack when Diya arrives. "Oh you're here! Welcome!"