Chapter 4 - Bachelor for life

There was a quick knock on the door of his office and Patrick looked up from the papers he was reviewing.

Through the glass door he could see Haidee waiting for him to call her in. He gave her a quick nod and she immediately entered.

"I placed the contract for Vinera on your table this morning, did you see it?" She asked him.

Vinera was company Olena worked for as the head of marketing and just the mere mention of the name brought Olena's face to mind.

Patrick quickly pushed the image away and busied himself looking for the papers from the pile on his table.

"It's here but I haven't reviewed it yet. Do you need it now?"

Haidee nodded.

"Yes, if possible. We're meeting their team later and Axel says Olena has been following up on the contract."

Olena. Is she joining the meeting?

"She's not joining," Haidee said knowingly.

Patrick raised his eyebrows in question. How did she know what he was thinking?

"I've been working with you for 8 years, Pax. I've seen how you look at her. I hope I don't need to remind you that she's off the market. I know you saw the wedding ring too."

Patrick frowned.

"You should also have known I'd never willingly break a marriage," he said firmly.

Haidee simply nodded then left his office quietly, leaving Patrick to his thoughts.

Was he that transparent? Did Olena notice?

He needed to have better control of his reactions, then. Unfortunately, it was proving to be more of a challenge than he originally thought.

This problem cannot be easily solved with a quick romp in bed with another girl, as he found out during his date with Pinky the previous week.

They did not even get to that stage as he decided to quit during dinner.

Her behavior and actions that he previously found to be tolerable now irritated him to the point that he had to restrain himself from walking out on her.

Even her high voice and the way she spoke like a little girl grated on his nerves.

Another knock on his door made Patrick look up, and he forced a smile as he saw who it was.

Here's another one of those girls. Beth, one of the models he met during a recent shoot, has been blatantly seducing him since their first meeting.

He hasn't given in yet as his valued his freedom. All his flings knew from the start he wasn't in it for anything more than a casual release - mutual yes, but nothing serious like relationships and commitments.

And Beth looked the type to not settle for a fling. He was afraid she will not easily let go once she got her claws in.