Chapter 14 - Tip of the iceberg

By the time she left home the next morning, Olena had still not resolved her argument with Robert.

But she knew that neither of them were willing to concede right now, so it was pointless to continue the discussion.

Whoever said that arguments needed to be resolved before going to bed must have had a very compromising partner. Or they were faking it.

Olena knew based on experience that some issues needed to be waited out before they tackle it again. Because there were too many factors involved, factors that they cannot remove from their lives, like Robert's family.

There were also things Olena was not willing to compromise on, like having another child. She would not get pregnant just to please other people.

Scratch that. She would not do anything just to please other people. She was too old to be dependent on other people's approval, she just wish they would leave her in peace.

Thinking of her meddlesome in laws made Olena's blood boil, and she was frowning as she entered her office.

She heard a knock on her door and she looked up, still frowning.

Rachel slowly entered the room and smiled at Olena tentatively.

"Uhm, Mr. Sanders wants you in his office," she said hesitantly.

Mr. Sanders was the company president, but only Rachel calls him that. She said she felt awkward to call him Jason because, though he personally preferred that. He says Mr. Sanders makes him feel old.

Jason was actually in his early 60s, but he could easily interact with any of the young staff in the company. He was quite open with his management style and trusted people to do their jobs well.

He must want to know the latest updates about their product launch, which is why he called Olena over.

Olena forced herself to smile at Rachel and nodded her acknowledgement. She should stop unloading her anger on innocent people, she reminded herself fiercely.

"Okay, please tell him I'll be there in a couple of minutes," she instructed Rachel.

After taking deep breaths to calm herself, Olena left her office and headed to the boss' office.

---------

Their meeting lasted the whole morning since Jason himself was highly invested in the project and wanted to know all the details.

Though Olena's team gave reports regularly, he wanted to check in with Olena herself at crucial stages, which is where they were now.

As Olena concluded her impromptu presentation, Jason looked at his watch and narrowed his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Olena. I didn't realize it was almost lunch. Why don't you and I go down and finish this over lunch? Then you can go back to your work in the afternoon."

"Well actually, I'll be going out later to check on our video. But sure, let's have lunch first. It's been a while since you last treated me to a meal, Jason," Olena teased.