Chapter 13 - Drip, Drip, like water droplets on a rock

Chapter 13 – Drip, Drip, like water droplets on a rock

"Olena, are you free this Friday at 2pm?" Axel asked as he entered her office.

"We're almost done with the video, Jasper says we can do a final viewing this Friday, then if there are no major edits, they can give the final material the next Monday."

Axel had been coordinating directly with Patrick's team for the editing of their video project then updates Olena on major issues.

Olena herself had not been joining the meetings as her schedule was full with the other stages of their project. At least that's what she told her team. They knew what to do anyway, especially Axel who has been working with her for five years now, and didn't really need her direct involvement for everything.

It has been almost two months since the shoot... and since she last saw Patrick. She felt her heart skip a beat. Again.

She had tried to deny it, but the most difficult person to lie to was yourself, she knew that now. Patrick drew her in, and she didn't even know how or when it started, but it was her reality now.

Of course she wasn't entertaining the idea. It was just a small crush, it will die down eventually, especially since her interactions with the guy has stopped.

She noticed Axel looking at her weirdly and realized she had not answered his question yet.

“Yes, Friday afternoon is open. Do we go to their office?”

“Yup, so their editor can immediately make adjustments, if any.”

With a wave, Axel walked out of her office and left Olena to her thoughts.

Friday. In three days, she was going to see him again. Was she ready for it?

--------------------

As if the universe knew she needed to be busy to keep herself from thinking about Patrick, Olena was bombarded with work for the rest of the week.

By Thursday night, she was feeling burnt out and dead tired, and having to face heavy traffic while driving home made everything worse.

When she got home around 10pm, she was about ready to explode. Thankfully, Levi was already asleep when she got in, she didn't think she could handle his boundless energy right now.

She went straight to their bedroom and found Robert already relaxing on the bed, reading a book with the night light on. Olena felt irritation bubbling inside her at the sight, hating on Robert for having had time to rest while she was at the end of her rope.

But she knew it was unreasonable so she pushed the feeling back down.

Robert sat up on the bed as she entered, putting down the book that he was reading.

“Hi honey, had a full day?” he asked, smiling.

Olena just nodded, not in the mood for a chat.

“By the way, my mom is asking us over this weekend. They miss playing with Levi.”

“Can I just stay at home? You go with Levi. I need some me time, it's been a hectic week – a hectic month, actually.”