Chapter 6 - Don't poke the bear

As soon as they got back to their office, Patrick asked Jasper to come to his room for a debriefing.

"Do you have more instructions for the shoot?" Jasper asked as he entered the room.

Patrick turned to him with a frown.

"I just wanted to call your attention to the way you were behaving at the meeting earlier."

Jasper was confused. The client said they liked the presentation so what did he do wrong?

"Let's be more professional during client meetings, shall we?" Patrick finally said with a hard glare.

"Oh you mean my joking around with Olena? Come on Pax, you know me, I just enjoy the occasional chat with a beautiful lady. Especially smart ones like Lena."

Patrick could feel his temper rising so he walked to his desk and sat down behind it. Better get some distance between him and Jasper before he lost his cool.

"Just don't forget your boundaries. She's still a client. And she's married," Patrick said stiffly.

"She's married?" Jasper sounded surprised.

"Yeah. So dial back on the flirting."

"Sure, no problem. But why are you so invested in this?"

In all the years they've known each other, Patrick was never bothered by Jasper's tendency to flirt around. This was a first, and he had known Patrick since he was just starting out in the industry.

It was hard for a fresh graduate to get into projects and it was Patrick who gave Jasper his first big break, initially as an assistant director then eventually given the lead as he gained experience.

"Who says I'm invested? I'm just reminding you that we're on a job, that's all," Patrick finally said.

"And weren't you supposed to check on the shoot location today? You'd better head out."

His curiosity not satisfied with Patrick's answer, Jasper decided to grill Haidee instead and headed out, looking for her.

Haidee was like Patrick's older sister from another mother - which could be true for all they know, given the way his father Eric James screws his way around town.

Haidee could even be Patrick's mother, if she had gotten pregnant in her teens.

Anyway, those two were real close and she was bound to know what was going on with Patrick.

Not finding her at her desk, Jasper went looking for her in the pantry and true enough, she was there cradling her cup of coffee.

"Haidee! There you are!"

Jasper greeted her exuberantly as he gave her a quick hug from behind.

Haidee sputtered in surprise then turned around to glare angrily at the culprit.

"Why haven't you left yet?" She demanded.