From That Moment Onward

Ambers POV (Point Of View):

I sat at home, on my dads small computer. “Ha,” I laughed as I watched the new parkour map by skydoesminecraft. He always made me laugh. “Budder, Budder Budder!” He yelled at Deadlox, as they jumped on the golden blocks.

When the video was finished, I opened up minecraft. I didn't actually have an account, I just played offline mode. I went on my singleplayer world, chopped down a couple of trees, then I headed back to my house, a sword in my hand.

I am jerked back into reality as  out of the blue, I heard an ear-deafening screech coming from the ajar window. I jumped in my chair. I heard a loud shriek from what sounded like a teenage girl. I leaped out of my chair and peeked out the window.

There was a car crash. A teenager was screaming as she looked at the other car. I was at a loss for words as she cried out in fear and pain. I snatched up the home phone and pressed three times on the keypad. "This is 911, how may I help you?" I took a small breath. "There has been a car crash on Panop street, in front of my house. My name is Amber." 

"Is it severe?" The woman asked. I nodded my head before remembering that she couldn't see that, so I said yes. "There is a flipped car and a red truck," I replied. "We are on our way. I am going to hang up now, is there anything else you need?" I told her no before hanging up the phone.

I ran down the stairs, my stomach churning with nervousness. Who was in the car? Would they be okay? I practically ripped the door off its hinges with fear and worry.

I quickly ran over and asked how this happened to the screaming girl. “I..I was t-texting my f-friend, and I..I…” The girl trailed off. I bit my lip, inspecting the car crash. A grey car had been flipped upside down, crashed into from the passengers side, glass shattered and sprawled all over the asphalt of the road. My stomach dropped for a moment, as I reminded myself of how similar the beaten car looked to my parents car. I looked in through the empty window and gave a cry of pain as I saw their bloody faces.

My parents were slung upside down, beaten and torn, in the front seats.