School. Again.

Hannah’s POV:

The next morning I got out of my bed and went upstairs. It was a sunny morning, the golden spring sun making its way through the sink’s window and onto my face. I grinned and then I had a thought: School. Amber has to go on monday. Well, we have four days to go shopping for a LOT of clothes, as most of our clothes at our old house were gone.

I hummed as I began to make pancakes. Soon I had made a large two stacks and I put them on the table, along with the syrup. Soon, Amber had gotten up and came upstairs to the smell of the cakes. At the moment I had been making bacon and shoving the cooked ones in the oven to stay warm.

“Sup, miss Ender,” I said, flipping bacon as I spoke. “Hey Blaze,” Amber replied, using my nickname ‘Blaze’. I chuckled. “Today we are going school shopping,” I said in a more serious tone. I saw her surprised look, then it turned weary. I looked at her, thinking of the nerves and memories she was going through. “Want a pancake?” I asked, and she said she wanted a little one. I gave her the one she pointed at, with a little difficulty because it was at the bottom of the stack. She giggled as I struggled to get her the pancake.

I put it on her plate. “Bacon?” she nodded then made a 2 with her fingers. I grabbed two out of the oven and shoved them onto her plate. She began to eat silently, staring off into oblivion again. Then Quintin came down from upstairs and made a big yawn. “Pancakes?! I haven’t had one for some time…”

“I find that easy to believe, FIESH,” I growled, smirking. He glared at me and said “I. Am. An. Am. Phib. I. An.” He said calmly. (A/N HOLY CRAP I JUST CRAPPED MY PANTS CUZ I REALIZED I FORGOT THE MELON. JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT HE MAY OR MAY NOT COME INTO THE STORY.) I took a bite out of my pancake ignoring what he just said.

Amber’s POV:

I didn’t hear the conversations happening around me. All I heard was the demon of my soul shrieking at me that I was a stupid person thinking I could kill her. “You can never kill me, Amber, for I am a part of you, and without me, you are NOTHING.” The dark side of me spoke. “Amber?” I heard Hannah’s voice and snapped back to reality. “I’m gonna go take a small nap before we go.” I lied, walking down the stairs and into my room.

I sat on my bed, and closed my eyes. I knew this place was going to be a lot worse than last time. But I knew I had to go through it. I mean, it can’t be THAT bad can it?

If only I knew what was in store for me on monday…

*3 Days Later*

Hannah drove me to the school at 7:45. “Bye sis!” She called as I slammed the door shut. I waved with a fake smile. She drove away as I walked up to the two doors. I thought to myself, Have hope. Then I pulled open the right door to reveal the high school. Like last time, there was gangs of friends.

Then I passed a bunch of fashion-diva’s, you could tell, as they had huge hoop earrings, and designer clothing. They sniggered at my simple jeans. Then when they saw my T-Shirt, which had the minecraft logo on it, they actually pretended to gag. Then one, that looked like the leader of the group walked over to me.

Then she did the unexpected. She pulled out her phone and snapped a picture of me. “Thanks!” She said, laughing and walking back to her little party. I was confused. Why would she take my photo?

Then I heard about a hundred phones going off for having a tweet. I looked around and saw people pull out their phones. Then I heard people laughing and saw them showing the person next to them. Then they looked at me and laughed. Then the girl who had taken the picture walked up to me and held out her phone’s screen.