Different Colored Eyes

Kati’s POV

“Tay?” I hear Amber say and I whip my head around. “Who?” I ask, confused. Amber is talking to a girl with long, chocolate colored hair that flowed onto her chest. She was wearing a hoodie with the hood down, her hands in her pockets.

She wore some boot-cut jeans and some blue and black sneakers. But the most mysterious part about her was her eyes. One was a sparkling emerald green, and the other was the color of fall leaves.

“Amber?!” the girl said, looking at Amber with a surprised look on her face. “TAY!” Amber yelled, embracing her. “Woah woah woah, HOLD THE PHONE. Who is this again?” I asked.

“Kati, this is Tay, I met her on minecraft,”

“Wait a second so THIS is who you have been playing with on your videos!” I realized, looking back to watching her videos as her subscriber rate soared.

“Yup, that would be me!” the girl who I could only guess was Tay said, giggling. “I’m Kati,” I shook her hand. “Taylynne!” She replied happily.

Tay turned to Amber and looked at her with her eyes. “I saw you in the paper… It scared me to death!” She hugged Amber briefly. “Well, wanna walk with us?” Amber asked, and Tay nodded enthusiastically.

Soon we were deep in conversation, walking on the soft pine needles. “So then I laughed at the joke and soda came out of my nose!” I shouted, and we all burst into laughter, walking around the endless loop path around the playground.

“Oh, gosh that reminds me of a time that I did the same, except it was chocolate milk at the cafeteria!” Tay said through giggles, and we all laughed even harder. “Wait, what school do you go to? What grade?” Amber asks, suddenly stopping her laughter.

“10th, and Enico High school,”

Amber looked surprised. “But that’s the school I go to!”

“What?!” Tay stopped walking and looked at her. “Are you the girl who always wears a ponytail and a locket?” Amber looked at her. She pulled a chain out of under her shirt and a locket that read Sis and Fore.  “Holy snot… I have walked right past you for, what is it now, three months?” Tay said, her face dead serious. But not for long, as soon I choked a laugh and it sounded more like a pig snort. We all burst into laughter, holding our already burning stomachs while doubling over.

Soon it subsided, then as soon as we gained seriousness, Tay snorted and we all began crying with laughter, the air warm and friendly around us. “L-Lets go to the playground,” Kati suggested through strangled laughter. “LESS GOOOOOO!” I yelled, earning a couple of stares from passersby.

Tay’s POV

Amber, Kati, and I all have fun pushing each other on the swings and goofing off. A couple of little kids are hopping around, their parents sitting on the park benches. I ran to an oak tree and pulled my hands up to the lowest branch, holding it as I walked up the tree and began to climb. I sat on a branch, then looking down I saw Kati and Amber staring up at me. “Come on!” I beckoned, and Amber to join me.

They both tried to climb, but only Kati succeeded, sitting on a tree a branch away from me. “I’m not good at climbing trees!” She yelled, making a pouty face as we giggled. She tried once more, this time making it up to the second branch. “You can do it!” I cheered as she put her foot up on the next branch; the one that she would be sitting on.

Finally, she swung her leg over the branch into a sitting position. “Yes!” She congratulated herself, and we giggled. We talked for a bit, then Amber spoke up. “Hey guys, I just had an Idea!” We looked at her with curious eyes. “Well, we should all make a youtube channel with all of us!” I gasped.

“What a great idea! Amber gosh! Where did you come up with that?!” Kati marveled, making me laugh. I closed my eyes, taking in the light and crispy afternoon air, giggling uncontrollably.

What happened in the next moment was in slow motion. The tree disappeared from underneath me, air whipping past my ears, I heard the screams of my friends, and then everything went black.

Amber’s POV

One second  I was laughing with my friends, the next I am watching one of them fall in slow motion. My first instinct was to run to her, then I realized that I was in the tree so I carefully got to the second branch and frantically jumped from there.

Taylynne was sprawled in an odd position on the ground, her chocolate hair fanning out. Her eyes were wide open, yet closed from any emotion. I carefully slid my hand under her limp head, quickly pulling back to find sticky blood on my fingers. By now, Kati was running over to get help, her cries ringing in the background of my mind as I stared at Tay.

The world buzzed around me in fast motion, the only organ in my body working was my head. I just met her in real life, and now she looks...dead. No. No. I won’t accept it! I hear sirens in the distance, me sitting in the same position for what seemed like hours holding her hand.

Suddenly she was being pulled away from me and onto a stretcher, paramedics all around me. I followed them to a red box, Kati on my tail. They stopped me and I struggled to get through. No. NO.

SHE helped me through the bullying. SHE was there when I woke up. SHE cheered me up in my darkest hour. This was not how it was going to end. No. No no.

Unfiltered thoughts bounded in all directions, consuming me entirely. This was impossible. This was all a dream, and I was going to wake up. The sirens rang through my ears like the wind, a background noise, the red and white flashes blinding me as the sirens became softer and softer.

Not like this.

Not like this.

Not.

Like.

This.

BWAAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH IM SO EVIL CLIFFHANGERS BWAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH.

Didn't expect that one @GeminiGaming, didja? BWAHAHHAHAHHAHA

DERP ON!

Bai All My Fellow Enders!

Join The EnderClan Today!

-♥EnderGirl26♥-