Alive

There was no way. No way I could get to Tay, no way I could know. My heart thumped, and I stood from my position in the street and my feet began to pound the asphalt as I ran, following the sounds of the sirens using my keen ears.

Finally they grew louder and the street grew busier, and I ran right into the hospital crosswalk. I heard horns of angered people behind me, but I kept running. I opened the glass door to the E.R. to see Tay on the stretcher laying still. I followed them, only to be stopped by the paramedics.

I struggled but they held me back as the doors shut in my face and I was left sobbing hysterically with the paramedics asking me what was wrong. But I couldn’t answer them. Finally I dropped to my knees and sat silently with salty tears falling off my chin and onto my jeans. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw a hand reach out, and I hesitated to take it. I slowly reached my hand up and took the hand, which pulled me up to my feet.

A girl with long blond hair and pink streaks sat in front of me, her sparkling blue eyes looking sympathetic as she walked me back to the waiting room. She sat me down then left to who knows where,  me hugging my knees.

This was going to be awhile.

~Four Hours Later~

Hannah was probably looking all over for me. Hopefully Kati would tell her what happened. Though it was dinnertime, I didn’t leave the waiting room. I sat in the same position for hours, people came and left as I sat hugging my knees, only getting peeks of what was happening around me.

I heard a woman sobbing next to me, and I had the right to think that it was her mother. I heard a man comforting her, trying at least, being unsuccessful. I drifted to sleep to the woman’s cries of sadness, the taps of keys on a keyboard ringing in my ears.

“Taylynne Alcaret will see you now,” My eyes shot open and my face left my knees at the mention of her name. I saw a woman with the same chocolate brown hair as Taylynne but cut short, and a man next to her, his hand around her shoulder being guided away by a doctor.

I stood up, my legs instantly cramping and pain shooting up from my ankle to my knee cap. I let out a yelp and collapsed, catching the attention of the group now walking away from me. “Are you okay?” The woman called, her voice still cracked and dry from sobbing. The doctor or nurse or something ran over to me and helped me up. “I’m fine,” I croaked, “Just cramped.”

“Well okay then,” The nurse began to walk the group to the room. “Wait!” I called. “What is it?” The nurse asked, flipping her blond hair out of her face. “I’m a friend of Tay’s,” I said, much to the shock of her parents.

The nurse understood and nodded, allowing me to follow them to the elevator. I read her name tag. Doctor Erindale, it read. Erindale pressed the button leading to the third floor, and we began our ascent that seemed to take forever. Finally the elevator stopped and the door opened, and Erindale lead us to room 213. “She’s in here,” She said, opening the door.

Tay lay on a bed, the faint beep of the heart monitor rang in my ears as I looked at Tay. She looked the same, sleeping. A needle was stuck into her arm, the tube connecting to a bag of water. Other than that, she was simply sleeping, it seemed.

The monitor beeped at a steady rate, the noise becoming irritating. Suddenly, the beeps began to speed up. I looked at her face. Her eyes were moving under her eyelids. She was waking up.

Tay’s POV:

I heard a beeping machine and felt  a needle in my arm. I heard shuffling of feet in the room. I moved my eyes, struggling to get my eyelids to rise. Finally I did so, but to my surprise I saw black. What? “Tay!” I heard a familiar voice. It was Amber. “Taylynne!” I heard my mom and dad stroke my face. “How do you feel?” My mom asked in that motherly tone.

“I...I can’t see anything,”

Tay’s Mom’s POV:

My heart stopped at those four words. “W-What do you mean?” I asked, my voice quivering. How could she not see anything. The nurse with blond hair, I believe her name is Doctor Erindale, entered the room. “She can’t see anything,” My husband said, his voice strong, talking to the woman. “What’s wrong with her?” He asked, his voice remaining strong.

“Well, she did hit her head pretty hard, right on the Occipital Lobe, which conducts sight. She may be blind,” She said in a small voice. My blood ran cold.

HehehheHAHHAHHAHAHAH! SO EVIL I AM! BWAHAHHAHAH! I will now be doing shoutouts, so today's shoutout goes to @EstibaMew1 Teehe! ALSO FRIGGEN FOLLOW @GeminiGaming RIGHT NOW SHE DREW AMBER FROM ENDER SO FRIGGEN YEA! ITS MY PROFILE PIC, BUT ITS NOT THE WHOLE THING!!

Sorry for being short, it's late here and I wanna eat a sammich. LOL Jk about the sammich, but it is late. So NIGHT!

DERP ON!

Bai All My Fellow Enders!

Join The EnderClan Today!

-♥EnderGirl26♥-