The Hero No One Understands

Another day, another attack by a super villain to be honest ever sense Superman died nothing has really changed just the same old routine that metropolis has always been in.

The only change is that Saitama was now in Superman's position and the people of metropolis just kinda accepted it. 

People watched and stared as the bald crusader was taking on Bane fist to face and Saitama wasn't even making a move as bane began his one sided assault on Saitama's face laying in a barrage of left and right hooks and as bane was throwing a full on attack Saitama was wondering what bane looked like without his mask.

Bane was exhausting himself as he kept on throwing strikes non-stop "impossible" said bane with a heavy deep Russian accent but than bane's mind was blown as Saitama  picked both his arms up and caught both of bane's fists.

"Why do you were a mask" said Saitama as Bain was surprised that he would be ask such a stupid pointless question.

"Obviously I don't want you to see my face" said bane frustrated with his struggle to break free from saitama's grip.

"Why" said Saitama with a non-chalant expression on his face.

"Because.... because" struggled bane not really knowing the reason why he wears a mask.

"See, you don't even know, I bet your just trying to be cool" said Saitama as he knew pinched a nerve in bane.

"what, no, huh, you know what forget it" said bane as he kicked Saitama in the stomach but did nothing.

Saitama decided to stop wasting his time as he punched bane through a car knocking him out instantly upon impact and with that Saitama left leaving bane to the Metropolis Police Department.

As Saitama was walking around metropolis he was starting to get a lot of stares from people as if they recognized him.

Saitama didn't like where this was going at all it reminded him too much of that time with those two buff guys wearing tank tops were going to give Saitama the rookie crushing.

But it never came as two small children walked up to him one boy and one girl.

"Hey, mister" said the boy.

"What is it" said Saitama.

"Thank you" said the boy.

"For what" said Saitama.

"For saving us" said the girl cutting in.

"If you weren't here we would have been hamburger meat" said the girl.

"Ya" said the boy.

"He was like (bam) and (boom) and (I'm going to beat you up) and your were like (haha, ya right) (bam) and you beat him in one punch" said the boy getting excited but was calmed when Saitama put a hand on his head.

"I don't know what your talking about kid but I just did what I always do and that's being the hero" said Saitama as the kids eyes widened in excitement as he had found a person to look up to, a man he can count on, his hero. No, they're hero.

And with that Saitama left the first time in his entire hero career with applause by the people as the first time he was given what he sought out for the longest time.

Recognition.

Saitama felt a little queasy and happy on the inside he never experienced this before, he usually beat the monster or bad guy and move on with his day but, to be meet with smiles and applause and being told thank you.

It made him feel good, it made him feel like the whole hero for fun thing was actually fun but it was then that he noticed that something was missing.

It was his friends the people that knew him, the people that got close to. Oh how he wished they were here to see it.

As Saitama was walking around town he happened to walk into an empty Ally

"You lost traveler" or so he thought as the man before him was no other than Vandal Savage of course Saitama didn't know who he was but still.

"Nice work out there beating bane and getting the fame, glory, and all the recognition, so typical, so like you hero's" said savage with disgust. 

"I'll bite why did you choose to be a hero revenge, glory, fame, honor." Said savage with poison in each word.

"It's a hobbie" said Saitama wearing his famous poker face

"So you don't care for the people you save nor do you care for the state the world is in. You do it for yourself" said vandal savage as he began to walk away.

"I've decided that i hate you and everything you stand from here on out I will kill you with every fiber of my being" as vandal savage turned back to where Saitama is as he saw that Saitama wasn't there anymore.

"So he took off before I can even finish, I'm going to enjoy killing him" said vandal savage.

"I wouldn't waste my time with him savage" as vandal savage looked behind to see Lex Luthor.

Saitama was walking and was thinking about what to make when he got home

"hhhhmmmm omlete's na, onigiri na, instant ramen hmmm maybe" he kept pondering and pondering until he caught a glance at the person in front of him.

It was a girl with long blond hair red boots, with a matching red skirt, a blue long sleeve shirt with a red S on her chest and right behind her was a red cape flapping in the wind.

It was SuperGirl and at the moment she was pissed off as she stared at Saitama with intent to kill but Saitama just kinda stared back not really knowing what to do.

"Hi" said Saitama trying to spark a conversation with SuperGirl but it wasn't working as super girl said nothing

"uuuuuuhhhhh, Top of the morning to ya" said Saitama as he received no response already fed up.

"Stop staring at me like that" said saitama.

"Where is my my Cousin" said SuperGirl.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Re-edited September 22nd 2021

A/N

Easy chapter to edit, should be easier to read now.