Introductions pt9: Demons

Saitama felt so cold at this moment as he was walking through the white desert again, as he was now covered in blood.

He felt as if weights were tied to every vital organ in his body, pulling him down, keeping him down, as his soul was rippled with doubt as Guilt began to settle in.

No matter how much he tried he could never truly run away from his crimes, his murders, it went too deep, at first he didn't think about it at all because back then all Saitama thought of what it took to be a hero was to just show up and beat the bad guy.

But now, now he understood that he failed, he failed to save those people when they were monsters, he killed them in cold blood, he could have saved them, he has the power to do so, yet he couldn't save them because He Gave Up On them.

He was too ignorant, he failed to understand them, he failed to see that their was a way to save them but due to his failure he would go on living that he had gone and killed innocence and he had no idea who they were or who they had been.

A mother, a father, a brother, a sister, a grandmother, a grandfather, a friend, a co-worker, a boss, a cousin, a husband, a wife, a son, a daughter, who they were he would never know for he took that away.

Who gave him that right to take that away, who gave him that ability to take away someone's loved one's, who gave him the ability to bring sadness and pain to others.

His consciousness could not take any more of this regret, this train of thought, he already felt like the lowest of scum and now he felt as if he was sinking into the very sand he was standing on.

Why was he the way he was, why did he think being a hero was so simple, just because he had power didn't make him god, it didn't make above everyone else.

The biggest question of all though was, "why did it take him so long to notice.

If he was so desperate, and determined to be a hero, then why didn't it ever cross his mind that the people he was protecting could also be the monsters he was fighting.

Was he that far gone, that mercy and redemption had become invalid to him, or was he just that plain and ignorant.

Being a hero wasn't easy, so why did he treat it as if it was, and then it hit Saitama right between the eyes.

This power he possessed, this desire for a challenge for his strength, how could he have not noticed.

To think his regimen was the reason behind his power now made sense to him, it wasn't the regimen that gave him his power, no it wasn't, had he signed away his sense of morality for strength, had he been so determined that he had lost sight of the very reason why he wanted to be a hero as a kid.

Had he become the very thing he fought against for so many years.

Had he becom a Monster.

Now all the pieces were coming together in his head, it all made sense now, how could he do such terrible things if he wasn't a monster, how could be so heartless, so cold and uncaring.

As Saitama was having his Epiphany he began to notice that his vision was turning again as the Sand turned Black and the Sky turned White.

And this time he wasn't fighting it anymore as the entire scenery had changed back to his old home where he lives with his mom.

His body was back to when he was a kid and for the first time he was not meet with a "Let Me In" or other mind boggling things.

Instead of barrackeding the door he decided to unlock it as he went to go sit in the living room.