9. | Caring

Can it be? Was he really trying to stop the undeniable? Even so, his poor soul wanders the hallway for another awful week. Each and every day he feels more guilty, each and every day he finds more reasons to leave. Soon, before he knew it, the two people he wants to avoid at all costs, are back to school.

The h/c haired girl has been pondering hard for the last week, at least more so after her aunts visit. She feels an inner burden inside her that she can't get rid of, no matter how much training she went through and all the awkward dinners she had with her family, that feeling wouldn't go away. Its like she's trapped inside her mind.

It is rather inconvenient. Does she really have time to think about such abstract elements?

<•>

The girl fluently enters the door to the classroom, she doesn't bother to glance at the other students who are staring intensely and whispering nonsense.

She sits down and jaws out her notebook, eager to start learning again after a week of falling behind.

Her so-called friends try to make eye contact with her, but she refuses to look up from her desk.
'No more drama, I'm done'

Izuku sits two seats behind her, he reluctantly stares up and sees her hair fall down her shoulders. He bites his lip and moves his gaze away, cause just now another boy enters the classroom. It's none other than Bakugou Katsuki himself.

So the whole squad is here.
Only now, none of them can look eye to eye.
Maybe it's for the best.

<•>

Midoriya's household

Inko sits down on the couch, holding a cup of warm tea with honey in her delicate hands. She huffs comfortably and raps a soothing blanket around her. Her forest green hues notice the water droplets slide down the window frame.

"It's so nice to just sit inside and listen to the rain" She hums in delight before taking a sip of her favorite tea. As she is about to get more comfortable with the scenery, her phone rings. Causing a friction on the table, making her almost jolt up from the couch.

She picks up the phone without looking at the ID caller, "Hello, Midoriya Inko here"

"Ah hello, Mrs. Midoriya this is your sons' school calling, we have an issue to report" The voice replies.

Inko's eyes widen, immediately feeling nervous. It runs in the family right?

"Oh my, what happened?" She asks in a worried tone.

The other voice sighs heavily like they are wanting to avoid the subject, but either way, it has to come out. "We are quite worried about your son, his behavior is getting worse. First of all, he's been having trouble to keep up in class and do his homework, secondly, when teachers are trying to talk to him, he just seems very down. Is everything alright at home?"

Inko feels her heartbeat, even the teachers have noticed? Not only has Izuku been more distant at home, but he's reacting differently at school too?

"E-Eh noo, nothing out of the ordinary at home. I can't understand why he would act that way, he's always been doing so well in school. I can have a talk with him once he gets home" She says quickly.

"Oh well- okay. We are only trying to help him, we want all of our student to be successful and if there is anything Izuku is struggling with, I'm sure it can be solved"