20. | Love gone wrong

Thursday

Inko Midoriya opens the the door and exits the store, carrying two plastic bags in her hands. It's in the early noon, a while before Izuku is supposed to come home.
She thought she would make him Katsudon, Izuku's favorite meal. It's been a while since they even talked...or had quality time together.

Izuku hadn't eaten dinner for god knows how long, he neither spends time in the living room anymore. Just cooping in his room all day or outside somewhere.

It's not like Inko had been doing anything better, but today is going to be different. The mother is going to at least try to get things back to normal, like they used to be. It's been a long time...but things can go back right?

'Izuku is just confused...high school is starting next year, and then he'll hopefully receive friends. Everything will work out. It's just a phace'

She's been telling herself excuses for the past three years. Izuku is going to be fine. There is nothing wrong with him. He is her son. He is healthy and a good boy.

After some walking, Inko makes it to a small bridge. She looks over the view, hearing the water run from underneath. It looks so peaceful. Her arms feel tired from carrying the food, so she places them on the ground and rests on the fence.

Until her phone vibrates from the pocket of her pants. She swipes up her phone without looking at the ID-caller.

"Hello, this is Midoriya Inko"
She responds with a soft tone.

"Hello Midoriya-San, it's the school calling again" The voice of a man speaking.

Inko can feel how her veins tightened when she heard the voice reply.

"O-Oh what can I do for you?" She stutters hesitantly.

"We have a big issue to discuss, it's about your son" The man pauses before continuing, "We have been getting students telling us that...Izuku was seen with self-harm scars and are worried"

Inko's heart freezes, her face goes pale and the light in her eyes disappears completely.

"He what?..." She whispers out, the tone of her voice so dark and terrifying.

"Ah...I assumed you didn't know...look this is not easy for me to say, but if you can't do anything to help him than we have to look into the cause and send child services to the issue. Please Midoriya-San, Izuku is an excellent student, talk to him and get him some help"

His words ring in her mind. All she can hear is what a failure of a mother she is. To not have seen this before, to let Izuku struggle all these years without doing anything.

She failed.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so shocked. I will take matters into my own hands. Don't worry and thank you so much for telling me and looking after my son for me" She kindly thanks the man as he thanks her back.

"These things happen with teenagers, they just need some help to get back on the track. I wish you well Midoriya-San"

The phone beeps as Inko removes it from her ear and stares blankly at the horizon.

"Self-harm?...he has done that?"

Inko can feel the dread, it pulls her past all her limits. This is all wrong, how could Izuku do that to himself?!

Inko picks up the groceries and speed walks towards their apartment. Having nothing in mind, but to find whatever he used to harm himself.

She needs proof.