17. | Nothing can change

Wednesday

The room is lighted with the usual dry white lights like in the hospital. A particularly young woman, maybe in her thirties is carefully rapping up Y/n's neck.

After some time, the teen started to feel the sting pretty bad and winched at the pain. "Ouch" She grits her teeth as the nurse pulls away with intent orbs.

"Oh my, I really don't understand how you could get a cut like that in school" The woman sighs heavily and rolls away in her chair over to her computer. Y/n gulps hard, she hadn't thought about an explanation, she knows that she can't tell the truth.

"Aha...yeah I'm just really clumsy" The girl closes her eyes with an awkward smile adorning her lips. The nurse gives her a side glance, a look of suspicion from what Y/n can see. "I see...be careful and remember to remove the bandages before you go to bed and let it get some air for the night. If you have any type of body cream you can smother it up. If it still stings tomorrow, make sure to put on some fresh bandages" The nurse explains as she taps away on her computer, not bidding a glance towards the girl.

Her legs swing back and forth from the bed, giving the woman a soft reassurance. Her mind however races to Lucy. Why hasn't she come to the nursery? Where else could she go?

"Okay, you're free to leave now—here's your free pass" She pulls something out of the cupboard under the table and rolls over in her chair.

Y/n grabs the pass and thanks the nurse with a grateful smile. She hops off the table and walks out of the door. Closing the door with a sigh, "I really need to stop getting into fights..."

She starts walking in the hallway. Passing the windows in the process. She notices students having P.E outside, playing football on the field.

It looks fun. Very fun.
Like last time, when she was outside with Izuku and they had so much fun. It was the first time she had seen him enjoy sports. He had always been shy and intimidated by others to give anything a try.
That time however, he laughed and smiled. He tried his best.
That was fun. Very fun.

~ Flashback ~

"C'mon Broccoli! You gotta try at least" The girl held a football in her hand, spinning it from hand to hand.

The teacher made everyone get someone to partner up with, so they can give each other a few passes and get warmed up to play later.

Izuku was shaking and he didn't know what to do. "L/n-Chan, you know I can't play sport if my life depended on it...I'll fail" He rubs his arm, looking down in shame.

The females eyes softly narrowed, she wanted to help and encourage him. "Hey" She walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "It doesn't matter if you are good or not, but you have to try. Once you do that, I promise it'll be a lot more fun. Sports is about giving your best even if it means you have to struggle. It's about having fun while trying"

Izuku gazed up at her, his orbs just glistened with happiness. The green haired boy clenched his fists together, "Okay the L/n-Chan! I'll give it a try and even if I fail, I'll do it again and have fun!" He said with determination lingering in his voice.

Y/n hummed back, "Awesome! Let's play" She took a few steps back, rolling the ball to her feet.

She made a medium hard pass to Izuku which he caught swiftly. "See? Your caught it perfectly broccoli!" She grinned with excitement, Izuku nodded with also a big grin.

The small breeze passing them, and the sun high above. It was so fun, every time he smiled, she felt an accomplishment.

"O-Okay, I'll try to send it back" He said shakily as he lifted his foot to kick the ball back to the girl.