43. | Joyful pain

<•>

"Let's both fall...like the petals"

No, no.

There has to be another way, it can't end this way.
To be free, to smile truthfully and laugh with the sky as it simmers down to a beautiful sunset.
Will he see her smile? Will he hear her laugh again if he decides to fall?

No.

He will never see any of his friends smile.
Never hear them laugh.
Never see them succeed.

Nothing!

If he falls now, it's over. There is no going back. Nobody is welcoming him with warm hands and a delicate smile.

He will die and be gone forever!

"NOOO!" Izuku screams and for once in his life, his words are honest to his soul. "I'm...not going to die—not like this! Not until I've given it my all! You will not drag me down!!"

The other boy is taken back, hues widening. His hand clenches the railing tight, lips frowning deeply.

"Why are you resisting?...you know that it will only cause you pain?" The boy says solemnly. It's like staring into a dead corpse, no emotions, no life. Is this what Izuku wants to look like once he's dead?

No way.

"Then so be it..." Izuku stands up slowly, "Let all the pain take me! But that's better than giving up!" He shouts, tall and proud.

The boy with the yellow cardigan can feel a tug on his sleeves, all of his bruises slowly vanishing from his torn skin. He bites his lip, this can't be.

"Then...what about that letter in your hand?" He tries once more to perk Izuku, "Your suicide letter"

Izuku sniffles quietly, trying to stop his tears from falling. He looks down to his right hand and sees the note crippled in his fist.

"This..I don't know who put it in my locker, but what I do know," He pauses, lips shaking as he prepares himself for the words he's going to say. "That was the old me who wrote it...the one who wanted to die, who wanted the pain to stop, but that is not me!!" He yells, "This is the shell of who I used to be!! I'm not going to give up anymore—I'm going to fight and there is nothing you can do to stop me!"

Crack.

That's what Izuku hears when the boy in front of him sudden topples down in pain, clutching his chest. Izuku's eyes widen in fear, what's going on? Is he killing him?

The young boy rushes towards the end of the railing, compensating on what to do. "A-Are you okay? What happened?" He asks urgently but is too afraid to actually touch the other male. What if he ends up being dragged down or something? Izuku can't take that risk.

Soon enough, after liberated breaths from the ghostly male, he looks up with tears in his eyes. All of his bruises finally gone, light is back into his emerald eyes again.

Izuku stops breathing for a moment. He still has his old suicide note in his left pocket, but that is the old him. His past does not define his future—not anymore.

It took Izuku a while before he saw all of his bandages had disappeared too. Izuku can only sit there and stare in confusion.

The other boy lets out a warm laugh, "You remember when I asked you about your pain?" He says, almost a whisper. The other boy shakes his head, not understanding anything at the moment. Ghost boy decides to jump on the other side, more successful as he seems much stronger.