44. | It's not over

It is frustrating, really damn frustrating that nobody will listen to him. All words vanishes passed their ears as he pleads, yells, bangs his hands on the counter to gain attention, but absolutely nothing.

"Come on! please just let me see her, I need to see her!" Todoroki hollers, gaining attention from passing people, but he doesn't care. Let them stare all they want.

"Todoroki-San, I have told you many times. Her mental state is near the brink of exhaustion, she needs to be alone—except for family visitors" The doctor tries to explain as calmly as possible, but even he is beginning to get fed up with these teenage hormones.

Todoroki groans, hands pulling at his red and white hair harshly. He is so mad, mad at the world for letting this happen. The immediate he got the call about Y/n and Bakugou being sent to the hospital, he leaped out of school, forgetting his school bag as well.

"Well, is her family in there with her?" The boy snarls at him, head starting to boil. He's losing it, he knows, but Y/n...she's special to him, he can't act all easy.

"N-Not at the moment, no..." The doctor looks shamefully away, giving Todoroki an amazing idea.

He moves closer to the counter, looking straight into his eyes. "I know it's not blood relation, but I'm uh...I'm her boyfriend, so please let me in" He purses his lip shut, praying for the doctor to turn his way.

The doctor sighs, "I thought that would be the case" He looks around for any other doctors or nurses. "Fine, I'm not allowed to do this, but be quick okay. Or else you'll get in trouble a-and me too!" He finally gives up and tells Todoroki the room number.

"Yes! Thank you" Todoroki bows respectfully and sprints away to the hallway.

"Teenagers..." He rolls his eyes, a soft smile sneaking on his lips.

<•>

It's been about four hours, too many hours. Izuku's eyes had only been able to watch the clock on the wall as it ticks back and forth, repeat.

The boy doesn't know anything, the doctors haven't told him anything. He knows that Y/n and Bakugou aren't physically hurt, but still....some information would be satisfying.

Earlier, he did see Todoroki open the door to Y/n's room, without noticing him sitting by the waiting room. He didn't have the energy to say something. Of course Todoroki would be allowed to visit her...he was her closest friend.

Yet, Todoroki left after fifteen minutes, almost getting caught by a nurse. The boy still didn't see Midoriya, maybe that was for the best.

How can he explain this to anyone?

Izuku looks at front, there is someone standing there now. It is a man, in a white coat, likely a doctor. Izuku can't bring himself to say anything, he's been silent for four hours, what bad can a few more do?

"Are you Midoriya Izuku?" The man asks, firm hands holding a tablet and pen. The curly haired boy is brought out of his silent daze as his emerald orb finally spark up.

He jumps out from his chair, almost knocking himself down in the process. "Y-Yes I am! Can I go see my friends now?" He brings his hands up to his chest, shaking slightly.

The doctor smiles, "Due to sever mental exhaustion, L/n and Bakugou are to stay here for the night. They are both doing better, but the situation has caused much strain on the heart" He kindly explains.

"Ah is that so....I'm happy they are doing b-better" Izuku looks down to his feet, closing his eyes.

"However, we haven't been given permission for regular visitors to see young L/n-San, but Bakugou's parents just called, saying they would be delighted to have you visit him" He explains as Izuku's eyes light up in joy.