30. | Demons

Y/n stares at the freckled boy worriedly, he seems distressed, no. He seems scared out of his life.
For a good while, she decided to snuggle into the bed with him, so that when he woke up, she would be there to soothe him.

But Izuku woke up with a force, shaking so badly, perhaps from a bad dream? She thought.

"Izuku hey, look at me" She grabs his shoulders and he turns his head towards her. Izuku didn't have the time to register the position they are in even: with him laying on top of her. All he needs is to make sure she is there. That his worst fears aren't real, only a fragment of his sanity, away from the depths of light, and please let it stay there.

"Y/n no, please I'm so sorry. I didn't—"

The girl stops him by pulling him down, placing his head at the crook of her neck. Whispering reassuring word to his ear until his cries slow down.

"It was only a bad dream Izu, I'm never leaving your side" Y/n murmurs softly, feeling her own tears form in her e/c eyes. "I'm so so glad you're still here, I-I thought I'd lost you, but you're here now and that's all that matters to me"

Izuku looks up to meet her eyes, she seems sincere, she is not lying to him. "I-I broke our promise, you should hate me" The boy grabs ahold of her shirt, clenching it tightly.

Izuku was impulsive, he let his demons get the best of him. Without even thinking, he impaled the razor onto his skin. It was like a rush, but somehow, he did have all the opportunities to finally commit suicide. Hell, he could've slit his throat and bleed out right there and then, but he didn't.
But a promise is still a promise. And it was broken, laying in a pile of ashes.

"Izuku....that doesn't matter to me. If you think that I'll leave just because of that, then you don't know how much I care about you" The girl responds back, putting a hand over his, making his muscles relax beneath her touch. It's amazing what her touches can do, it's so captivating and out of this world, and Izuku has never understood that feeling before. He never received it from his mother...so what does he call this?

The girl looks shamefully away, "I-I broke our promise too you know..."

At this, Izuku perks up. He towers himself above Y/n and stares deeply into her eyes. Begging for an explanation of her words, because really, nothing in this world is going to make him believe those words. It can't be true, she did her best to take care of him, yet she is laying here and blaming herself. Izuku bites the inside of his mouth anxiously, no matter how hard he tried, he can't shake off this feeling of guilt. This is too good to be all true. Y/n should hate him, leave him behind and never exchange words with him again. The dream should have been true.

"I promised you that I was not going to let anybody hurt you....I failed, I wasn't there to protect you" She stares back at him, eyes narrowing with tears.

"No!" Izuku yells and lunges forward to hug her tight, "You have done nothing but help me, I owe you my life for that. Th-This was my own fault, I failed you"

Y/n smiles slightly, even with everything that's happened. Izuku is still here and they can work together. She closes her eyes for a moment, enjoying the sound of his breathing. He is alive, he is here in her arms just as it should be. Why can't Izuku see that is all she will ever need? Perhaps it's her own fault for not confessing her feelings towards him?

Either way, she needs to prove herself yet again. No matter how many times she has to do it, she will love him again and again until he realizes what a gem he is. Truly something so unique like finding a pearl at the depths of the ocean. Or more like in his case, a beautiful emerald.

"You didn't die"

Her words sends shivers down his spine.

"You could've, but you didn't" The female wraps her arms around his back, bringing him even closer.