24. | Still here

As far as the night sky has fallen a place, the need to rest is still unwatered. Before anyone could blink an eye, the process of getting Izuku to a hospital was proceeded.

He wasn't sent there because of any internal damages, luckily. But the nurses and doctors have promised to look after him and make sure he doesn't try anything hasty. Who knows when he's allowed to go outside again? but it's for his best at the moment.

Y/n nods to herself, taking a slow and easy breath. Her feet firmly placed outside the hospital grounds, looking at how the lights eliminate from the windows. Even if it's almost midnight, there is no time off working at a place like that, and she appreciates how much the doctors and nurses offer from their own life and time. In her mind, fighting villains isn't the only thing to be done if you're going to get the title of a hero. Helping people with all their needs can just as much justify the action.

'Izuku is in there now, being treated. I hope he's still sleeping...he needs to rest'

The thought of the young boy being awake and scared of his surroundings, haunts her to the very core. Izuku's body can't take much more, that's she's sure about.

She thinks back to when Inko has possibly received the information, the girl is glad she wasn't there. Somehow, in the deepest part of her heart strings, she blames the mother for not seeing his pain sooner.
Y/n knows it's her fault as well, but Izuku hasn't only suffered two months that she's been here. He has suffered a long time, and Inko never cared to notice how her sons life had crumbled to the cold ground.

Inko has let Izuku get bullied, beaten and tormented for not having a quirk.
How could a mother not pick up the damn phone and call the school to tell them the awful truth?
Y/n shakes her head in dismay, the sudden taste in her mouth goes bitter, and she realizes that she's drawn out blood from biting her cheek to hard.

The fact that horrifies her the most, is the fact that if she, Shouto and Katsuki hadn't been to the scene in time, Izuku's body wouldn't be laying in the hospital bed. That thought makes her veins almost explode.

How fragile a human life really is.

The doors to the hospital slide open and the females thoughts gets interrupted when she hears familiar voices.

Both her parents and Yuu exit the building, they notice her standing and looking at the lighted sky.

"What did they say to you?" She asks, her back still facing them. The sorrows in her voice can be heard miles away, it's not easy for the family to just stand and watch anymore.

Originally, M/n and Yuu got to the scene just as they took Izuku to the hospital. Y/n waited outside with Shouto for a moment before Endeavor came to retreat his son.
While her parents were inside, talking with the nurses, she did noticed that Katsuki had disappeared from the events without saying goodbye.

"Well...we can talk about those things later. It's late and we all need to get some sleep" F/n kindly explains, taking a hold of his daughters hand. "I am proud of you, you know?" He smiles gently towards her.

Y/n takes notice how her family has surrounded her, the aura feels nice and comforting, much different than it had been the past weeks.

"Thank you, I love you" with tears dwelling her eyes, she pulls her family for a big group hug.

After all, they are family. And love has no bounds.

<•>

The next day, almost everyone in town had heard the news. And the school building is not a safe place at the moment.