28. | Blood dripping

Izuku stares at the male in front of him, he hadn't even closed the door behind him. Katsuki's red piercing eyes bore a hole into his soul, but this time, it doesn't hold the same anger and hatred as usual.
They look hollow. Out of spirit.

The blond sighs before closing the door and leaning his back on it. He fumbles with something in his pocket, sounds like keys.

"How are you doing?"

The question surprises the freckled boy, not knowing what to say or how to behave and in a situation like this. It's been years since they even had a normal conversation, Izuku doesn't remember how that felt like.

"I'm doing better, uh just taking a day at a t-time" The green haired stutters. His palms feel all sweaty from the tension, but he can't screw this up, just one word wrong and Katsuki will leave him, all alone. At least, it's always been like that.

Katsuki only nods, averting his gaze to the floor. He knows what to say next, it's just how he's going to break it down.

"Look, I came here to talk to you Deku and I want you to listen to me, and don't interrupt until I'm done..." Katsuki takes a step closer to him, feeling his nerves swirl up with each inch of his body.

"O-Oh okay" Izuku nods, eyebrows creased worriedly.

Katsuki sighs "The fact that you're able to talk properly with me, even now after what happened, is just another prove of the words I'm going to say"

Izuku breath stops for a moment, just what is Kacchan going to say? Not the words he never wanted to hear in his life.

"From now on...I want you to forget all about me and move on. We're not good for each other, or I'm not good for you. That is clear as day" He takes a look at Izuku's features with solemn hues, "I'm not asking you to just forgive and forget, but all I want is for you to never...talk to me again, don't call me Kacchan, don't act like were childhood friends. We don't know each other, so for your sake and all the shit that I've done to you, I'm asking you to forget about me"

And before Izuku can possible interfere, Katsuki continues "I did this, I made you almost commit suicide. You don't need someone like me in your life, you never did. I'm nothing, I don't deserve your kindness. Nothing I can do will ever repay for the pain you've been through" Katsuki takes a step back, "So let me do this, remove my existence from your life"

Izuku's heart shudders. No, this can't be, it wasn't supposed to go like this. The suffering was going to end, it was finally going to be over. Kacchan he...he was supposed to be happy now, maybe...because he didn't leave this world, maybe that's why Katsuki isn't happy. It's all Izuku's fault. Things were going to change, but no. It always stays the same.
He wasn't strong enough to be by his side...and he never will be.

The freckled boys mind races with thoughts he can't process properly, he can't think straight anymore. Without even registering his body movements, he had leaped from the bed and fallen to the floor, tears spilling from his eyes, crying for the immense pain to vanish.

"No! No! Y-You can't do this Kacchan, you can't! I don't want to forget about you, and I don't w-want to stop calling you Kacchan!"

Izuku sulks out between his sobs, seeing his hands trembling. In the end, no matter what the boy did, people around him end up being unhappy. They all hate him, he should have left this world, he should have done so many things. Regret, regret, why is it so hard to do it right.

"Deku, please stop" Katsuki stares down to his feet, teeth grit hard. "You should be happy for this, I'm finally gonna leave you alone! Why can't you just be happy for once!?" The blond bangs on the door harshly, leaving a black smoky mark on it.