40. | Find me

Izuku's heart pounds inside his chest, ignoring the fearful pain on his head from banging his own head against the wall. The sight in front of him is more frightening than any thing else he has encountered.

This wasn't supposed to happen again. He promised them all. He promised change.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Izuku?" The male smirks mockingly while hunching down to Izuku's level.

It's the same. His scarred face, bruised body covered in bandages. The familiar yellow cardigan hanging from his wrists, slightly to big, slightly to small.
Izuku's worst nightmare is back.

"I-I...I don't understand, why? How c-could you be here?!" Izuku's frail body moves closer to the wall, but he can't escape any further. He watches as the boy laughs, it's not his laugh. It doesn't sound the same when Izuku laughs.

This laugh is so broken, a shell of what Izuku used to be. But it's what he used to be right? Then how could the boy from Izuku's mind be here?

"Well, you brought me here" He chimes, "Aren't you happy to see me?" The boy with the yellow cardigan rose up, sticking up his hand towards Izuku. "You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily, did you?" His lip curves.

Izuku's heart freezes, he can't believe it. "No! You're lying, you're not real! You're just apart of my imagination" Izuku cries out, tears streaming down his puffed cheeks as he shakes his head. "You aren't here....because I'm not—I'm not-"

"What?" The boy says sharply, "You're not suicidal anymore" Those words makes Izuku flinch, "You're happy now?"

Izuku can't reply, he doesn't know how. He grabs a fist of his hair and pulls, it needs to stop. He was getting stronger, he can't let this pull him backwards.

"So tell me? Why do you think I'm here?" The boy asks with negligence, eyes pure stolid. Yes, it does look like Izuku, but still, it's not his eyes. It's not him.

"Stop! Just stop!" Izuku hollers, "I'm....better, I don't need you anymore" He tries to stand up from the floor, weak limbs lifting him up like a corpse.

"Hah—don't make me laugh" The other boy replies, "You want to die again. You see me for comfort. What they told you back in the classroom, it all came back to you. You can't be saved" He giggles.

Izuku's teeth start gritting, why does it hurt this much? Why can't he face reality?

"Stop please...just go away—stop looking at me like that!" Izuku throws a painful glance at the boy. So many memories submerge. His heart is about to burst.

"Like what?" The boy innocently tilts his head to the side, teasing him.

"Like you pity me!" Izuku clenches his hands bitterly. The other boy smirks wickedly, it's all happening again isn't it?

Izuku couldn't do it. Go back to school and pretend like everything was okay. His mind won't let him.

"Look here...." He whispers softly, eyes narrowed aloofly, holding no emotion. "I'm a part of you, I'm an image of what you're feeling. You can't escape that" He ushers closer to Izuku. "But that means I know what's best for you right?....how about we just ends things right here?" He moves up his finger, trailing it alongside Izuku's shoulder.

Izuku gulps down hard, freezing underneath the touch of his imaginary self. "Wh-What do you mean?" Izuku shakily asks the male.

He keeps rolling his finger against Izuku's frame, now standing directly behind him. "You want to get rid of me, right?" He whispers into Izuku's ear, "Then you can just end it...take one last breath and it will all be over...your pain, their words...you can be free"