51. | The stars

It's useless, no matter what he tries. He always falls back to the beginning. The pain, the agony of being alone on this earth.

"Sorry Izuku....looks like you couldn't defeat your demons" The boy with the yellow cardigan spoke, eyes full with tears. Body full in bruises, cuts and burns. It's useless, isn't it?

Izuku just smiles softly at him, holding in another breath. "Yeah...I've long ago realized that" He struggles to keep in another cry.

"So not today?" The other boys asks, face pale as he already knew Izuku's answer.

"Not today but....soon" Izuku let's those words fly off his lips love they are normal. Like they had been scurrying in his mind for these two months—and they have. But nobody dared to ask, even though he would have lied anyway. He is too ashamed to have fallen to depression again.

"I'll see you soon then"

So it's decided..

<•>

The game went on and soon it was over. Y/n runs as fast as she can down to the field. She yells for Todoroki's name with a teary smile. Once he spots the female, his eyebrows lift in surprise. He is meet by her arms around his neck, spinning slightly around.

"I've missed you!" She cries out in pure joy, snuggling into his neck. Her tears can't be kept at bay, it's been over two months of no contact.

"I missed you too" Todoroki pulls her closer, his arms warm around her body. Y/n refuses to let go as people stare at them in pure bliss, she has missed the boy so much that seeing him here is surreal.

Unbeknownst to them, Izuku enters the stadium. Seeing that the game is over—much to his liking. He wants to go home and sleep and get ready for his plans. He had a lot of writing to do.

Izuku's green orbs fly over to Y/n and Todoroki. They're hugging so tightly and it causes his chest to drop. But something makes Izuku happy, he's happy that Y/n has someone there for her and when she starts at U.A, she will be reunited with the person she loves. Izuku isn't stupid, he's long ago realized that the girl loves Todoroki—her childhood friend. He could never compete with that.

As he is about to turn around and walk away, Hisayo calls out his name. "There you are, we've been looking for you Midoriya" Her form stops in front of him, out of breath. "Are you okay? Did something happen?" She stares at him empathetically.

Izuku smiles softly, "No, everything is fine. I just needed some time alone"

Hisayo gives the boy a reluctant nod, "Okay, I'm sorry this idea wasn't any good for you. I-I really wanted to give you a nice birthday party...sorry" She stares down at her feet, feeling her cheeks grow warm.

"It's fine Hisayo-San, being in public places aren't really my thing. Thanks for trying" Izuku reassures her, trying to keep his facade up. He wants to leave so badly, his fingers are aching again. Aching to do the one thing he promised to never do.

Too bad. He's not going to be keeping any promises.

It never mattered.

<•>

The weekend comes by again and Y/n is empowered with determination. She has finally gained some strength back after a stressful journey these past months. No more slacking off, is what she told herself.

It's in this night, that the summer stars are the brightest. Y/n welcomes herself to the Celestial Parade. This night only happens every five years. Last time was when she was 9 years old, and before that—was when she was 4 years old, just the time when she discovered her quirk.