52. | There will come a time

"Are you getting ready soon?" The melancholy sentiment sweeps through Izuku's heart once hearing the voice speak.

His content fingers are grazing his yellow pencil so smoothly, stopping to whirl around in his chair. "I'm sorry if I disturbed you...I see you are writing your letters" The voice speaks meekly, sending shivers down Izuku's spine so vigorously.

Izuku is sitting at his desk that is arranged prior to the window. Orange light glosses through the glass, leaving the room in a honey fantasy. So warm, so free. Izuku's eyes can only soften as he stares back down to the floor, "Better get done with it, right?" He utters.

The ghostly boy conveys him a grant smile, taking a step closer to Izuku. His body is relishing in bruises loosely wrapped in bandages. His hair is no longer the vibrant color of green nor keeping the natural fluffy texture. It seems as if the boy has fallen sick for decades, waiting for the day life does him the favor and puts him at peace. "Absolutely, it's not long until it will be all over Izuku...just a few more hours, you can do this" The look-alike cooed.

Izuku's small laugh tones in a tranquil way, clenching the pen in his hand even stronger. "I have to finish these letters...can you leave?" Izuku finally gazes up, eyes soaked in dread. His body jaded from staying up all night with Y/n to watch the Celestial Parade. The girl went to bed right after they got home, but Izuku could not find any sleep so he decided to write until sunrise arrived.

The light from the sunrise reflects onto the boy, his yellow cardigan neatly draped around his frail body. He nods slowly, a ghosted smile over his features. "Sure, I'll see you later" With one last glance Izuku comprehends that he is left alone. Furthermore, as the sun growths across the horizon, engulfing Izuku in its warmth and delight, he carries on writing those letters.

Experiencing his last sunrise.

<•>

It's a beautiful day, the sky handing the teens its ocean blue glory. With white cotton clouds to hinder the intense heatwaves. So astonishing, at least to Izuku.

He hears loud laughter coming from afar, making his head gaze up from the blanket he is currently sitting on. Y/n asked him after breakfast to join her and Bakugou to the beach for some fun. Izuku had not seen much of Bakugou since his mother went away, not the least strolled outside to enjoy the weather. He feels like today should be taken gracefully, there are many things he will never experience again.

His heart beats with content as he observes the playful fight between Y/n and Bakugou take place. Y/n had her mischievous plan to push Bakugou into the water, but quickly retaliated and Y/n ends up being the one soaked.

'No surprise...Kacchan has had great reflexes since he was a kid'

Izuku reminiscences about those earlier days when playing around was all he ever did. He closes his eyes for a moment and lets the pleasant breeze unwind his curls. It feels so nice to breathe again, although an inner clock mentions his departure. He feels the cheap package of the letters pokes against his side, reminding him of his job—his will.

"Izuku! Are you coming in or what?" Y/n's voice wakes him up from his daydream. He jerks and takes off his comfortable jacket.

"I'll be right there!" He stands up from the blanket and jogs over to his friends who are waving at his arrival. He can see it so clearly now as he runs towards them. The lovely grin across Y/n's face and Bakugous evident smirk. He can see his time fading from his grasp, small tears brim his eyes and he wipes them away before anyone can see.

'I'll miss you, I hope you remember this day'

The voices get louder as they near the mall. After swimming a good while at the beach, Y/n complained about her hunger and suggested they'd go to the mall and find something to eat. Bakugou had no problems with the claim and Izuku just smiled in confirmation.