34. | Affection

The era is light and welcoming as Izuku sits down at the L/n dinner table. It's true that he has been here one time before, although that feels like a decade ago. It is also the first time he has meet Y/n's family properly and just like the girl herself, they seem like wonderful people.

"Would you like some more Midoriya? There is plenty enough, don't be shy" M/n gives him a warm smile which he shyly returns.

Izuku is currently sitting next to Y/n on one side, her father and mother on the other side and Yuu on the end of the table.

"Ah thank you so much" Izuku replies and takes another spoon of the curly pasta with beef stew.

"Aw, I love you so much already! You are so polite and kind....unlike somebody else" She gives her children a harsh-full glare which causes them to fume.

"Mom!" They both say in unison.

"What!? you two act like brats, while Midoriya here is so precious" She gives the curly haired boy another warm smile. Izuku can't help but feel flustered from all the attention and the compliments. Truly he is in cloud nine to be complemented by Y/n's mother. It feels like he belongs somewhere. Although, he still has some stuff to deal with.

After the nice dinner, the family lets Izuku settle into his room accompanied by Y/n. She helps him unpack while he visits the fancy bathroom. While she opens his luggage she finds the yellow cardigan he wore that night he almost...died. Chills run down her spine from the memory.

As she hears footsteps from behind, she quickly continues to unload his clothes like nothing was bothering her. "You seem tired Izu, let me do all the unpacking and you can rest on the bed" She offers him with a light hearting smile.

"Ah no no Y/n, I can deal with it, it's fine" He declines with his hands and sits down next to her on the floor.

His room is a pretty nice size. A queen sized bed on the right corner of the room, a white commode next to the door with a TV on top. A spacious closet with two sliding doors on the opposite corner of the bed and a finally a desk to do homework or other projects.

They keep unpacking and Y/n like she is used to having boys around: as she does have a brother in the house. Unbothered takes his boxers and places them into one of the small drawers in the closet. Izuku turns around with his hands over his face, blushing from embarrassment. Even when his own mother would get into his personal things, he would get flustered. Imagine having a girl your own age do it?

"Alright...I think that's pretty much it" The h/c haired teen looks around his room, mentally taking notes to start decorating his room soon.

"Mhm...Thanks" Izuku sits down on his comfy bed, the bed sheet is in a deep ocean blue color.

Y/n starts fumbling with her hands, not knowing what to say or how to approach Izuku. After the incident, Bakugou had told the green haired that Y/n knew of the situation. Izuku was devastated, crying and clinging onto the blond. He felt shame, how could he face Y/n or anyone else for that matter when they know what happened to him? All their eyes baring heavyweights to his chest.

How can he live with this shame?

Why was he so weak?

But Y/n's family has done so much for him, he can't let them down. He has to be happy, or else he will seem ungrateful. So this means....he even has to smile to Y/n.

"Well, do you want some alone time to settle in," The girl asks with a half smile, she hopes he says no and they can finally spend some time together. They hadn't talked about what happened at all and it's bothering her very much.