23. | Only words bleed

{you can listen to the song if you want too <3}

<•>

The air feels intoxicating, but at the same time refreshing. The sky is dimly lighted with stars, the horizon a yellow/pink hue.

Katsuki stands behind the door, having it slightly open to hear the ongoing conversation. It's only been a few minutes since they found Izuku, and to say it mildly, it's frightening to hear how close they boy is to take his own life. Katsuki can't rest, his muscles are all tightening in preparation to take action if his instincts tell him to.

"You're stronger than this, you can fight this" Y/n says in a soft voice, she didn't need to act haptic with him. The other boy is already standing on the other side of the fence, he could jump anytime he wanted too, that's making her stomach churn.

The soft moonlight shines on his face, revealing his beautiful features. "I'm sorry Y-Y/n but I've tried, I've really tried my best. I can't be saved, please go...so I can leave" His fragile voice mutters out, a hand clasped to the railing whilst looking down with a pained expression.

Y/n carefully takes a step forward, her orbs never leaving his emerald ones. "No, I'm not going anywhere. I'm here for you. Let me save you, I promise things will get better from now on" She smiles weakly at him. Izuku grits his teeth, his mind is blowing him up and he can barely take it. He can promise himself that hundreds of bullets are attacking his mind at once, the unbearable feeling won't go away either. Why is he tormented all the time?

"Suicide is not the answer...don't do it please"

Without Izuku knowing, Y/n had managed to get closer. Only two feet away from him. He flinches and his hand let's go of the railing.

"Hey! Hey...I'm not going to hurt you okay" She says hurriedly, moving her arms in a calming matter.

"Nobody can save me...just wait, once I'm gone I promise you'll all be happier. I'm just a worthless quirkless boy, I can't do anything" He looks down, it's so far yet so close. If he just leaps out now...It will all be over.

Katsuki's heart clenches, those were his words. Bullying him into suicide. It's all his fault. He so desperately wants to go out there and scream, scream all the unspoken feelings out. But in complete honesty, what are his feelings? why did the blond do this to his supposed childhood friend? Did their friendship mean so little, that Katsuki's fucked up personal grudges took over?

"That's not true, you are more valuable to me than anything. I care about you Izuku. Think about the people you're leaving. Your mom, she's hysterically crying down there, she thinks your already dead"
Y/n explains she knows this is hurting him even more, but it has to be done.

"Do you really think, I want to wake up in a world where you're not?"

"I-I" he whimpers as more tears seep out, the more he tries, the more he dies inside. It's been like that for three years now...he hasn't been himself for three years, suffering under the clutches of depression.

He always wondered why? Why was he like this?
Why couldn't he be strong like everybody else?
He's not worth to be alive, he's weak. Nobody likes him. Just die already. It's his chance now.

"I can't do this anymore...I-I just want the pain to stop. Th-this is the only way...I need it to stop" Izuku takes his hand up to his heart, holding his shirt tight. The pain inside his chest won't go away.

Y/n starts crying after hearing his voice brake. She so desperately wants to go and hug him, but she can't, not yet at least.

"I know you're in pain...I know you've tried. But please don't do it, Izuku I'm begging you, I can't live knowing I lost you" Y/n brings her own hands over her chest.