Nuance Dogs Chapter 6

Lorna woke up still in Sebastian's arm. She looked around hearing shouting. "Where are we?" She frowned seeing a woman being whipped but scowled at feeling the familiar presence. Lorna grabbed Sebastians coat tightly. He looked down at her quizzically. "What's the matter Lorna?" She scoffed and looked at her brother. "Why are we here?" He smirked at the man who was whipping the woman. "We were sent by the queen." Lorna ignored the conversation between the man and her brother and thanked Sebastian as he poured her tea after sitting her next to her brother. Lorna stared at the table as she drank her tea. She could feel an intense gaze on her but ignored it.

Lorna was very annoyed that she was being carried around everywhere. She sat in a chair on the other side of the table next to her brother with Sebastian tending to her. He rubbed her shoulders trying to calm her anger not understanding what had her so worked up. Angela the maid began screeching as a big dog appeared in the window. Sebastian ran to the window as Lorna tried to jump to her feet. Lorna quickly fell in pain and Ciel was quickly by her side. "Dam it Lorna! Stay where you're put!" She glared at her brother. "I can move just fine! I just stumbled that's all." He scowled at her in anger. Sebastian walked over after finding nothing in the window. Lorna smacked his hand away grabbing the table to help herself up. She struggled greatly but was still determined. "We need to go investigate. Let's go." Sebastian frowned at her but nodded nonetheless. She took a step on her left foot but as soon as she tried to step on her right she collapsed again. Sebastian was quick to catch her and just picked her up. Lorna pouted crossing her arms over her chest. Once outside Sebastian investigated the dust on the ground to create foot prints.

In the morning the group ran out seeing a man being carried off looking as though he had been mauled. Lorna listened to the villagers speak about bad dogs and their laws. She was honestly annoyed. She wasn't the least bit happy when she had to stick with Sebastian while the three servants got to play around in the water later in the morning. Sebastian was called over by her brother and she was set down in the sand. She pushed herself up and Ciel grabbed her wrist pulling her to him sitting her on his lap as Sebastian left. "No you don't. We're not repeating last night." She smirked down at Ciel and wrapped her arms around his head pushing him into her chest. "Aw! Is my little brother concerned?! That so cute! At least this way I can protect you better!" The servants tried hard not to laugh at their master who was struggling in the grip of his sister. Angela looked shocked at the new information. She walked to Finny who had just gotten out of the water. "They're related?" Finney nodded. "Yeah, that's Lord Ciel's older sister Lorna. Guess she ran off for a while. She just came back not too long ago." Angela nodded her head at Finney watching the two siblings. Everyone looked over as a crowed ran by shouting all kinds of things and then a bell was rung. Lorna frowned letting her brother go and pushed on his chair to get up. Ciel sighed at her. "You don't give up do you?" She smiled down at him. "Nope. Not if I have something precious to protect." His eyes widened a bit but he just shook his head holding his hand out to her. She took it but still almost fell a few times as they walked. Angela walked over grabbing Lorna's hand. "Here, let me help you." Lorna glared menacingly at Angela and smacked her hand away from her. "Keep your bloodly hands off me!" Ciel's eyes widened a bit as did everyone else's. "Lorna, are you alright?" She kept her glare on Angela who just cowered away backing up and bowing to her in apology. "I'm fine. Let's go." Baldroy ran over and wrapped an around Lorna's waist pulling her against him throwing one of her arms over his shoulders to help her walk. She didn't fight him but kept an eye on the maid. Though she didn't let go of Ciel's hand either. Once caught up with the crowed they watched a dog get mauled by other dogs. Finney flipped and grabbed a post running over knocking the dogs away from the chained dog. Lorna glared at the leader of the town as he decided to punish them for interference. He had her and Ciel chained to the wall with the servants tied up to a wooden post. Lorna looked down at the dogs and growled at them in an inhuman manner causing them to cower away. The leader gasped at her slightly and grew furious at the dogs wondering why they wouldn't attack at his command. Sebastian jumped in front of her protectively and released the others. Lorna's mouth dropped in disbelief. "Release me Sebastian!" He merely glanced at her before turning back to the matter at hand. Ciel did nothing to help his sister either knowing she would only hurt herself further. Lorna ignored everyone as they proved the demon hound false. She glared at her demon contractor as he walked up to her once the town's people carried off their leader. "Why wouldn't you release me as well?" He sighed releasing the shackles on her wrists and catching her before her feet touched the ground. "Because you seem to only get yourself hurt when you aren't tied down." She pouted looking away.