Unpleasantries 27

Lorna wandered through the woods a bit sighing. She rubbed her arms shivering a bit. "You look lost Grace." She quickly turned around gasping in shock. "Joker. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting?" He walked towards her and looked down at her. "Yes, but I heard some commotion within the camp and decided I would come check it out." She looked away from him. "I'm sorry to have woken you Joker." He chuckled gently grabbing some of her hair with his artificial hand. "There's no need to apologize my dear. We all have our troubles. Come with me if you will. It's quite chilly out here." She scowled at him. "No thanks. I think I'll stay out here." He frowned and her hair slipped through his fingers. "I see. Forgive me." She took a step back as he stepped closer. He quickly grabbed her pulling her to him and he pressed a pressure point with his normal hand making her go limp in his arms. Joker bent down scooping her up into his arms carrying her back to camp with him. "A fine lass you are indeed. You look beautiful when you sleep."

Lorna stirred awake and found she couldn't move her hands or feet. "What?" "Don't worry lass. I'm not going to touch ya or hurt ya." She sighed and looked at Joker who was sitting in a seat next to her. "Why am I here?" Joker smiled at her. "I know you came for a different reason. You aren't who you say you are." She scowled at him. "What are you talking about?" Joker stood up. "I've heard around town about a woman with a child. She was said to have lost her child and gone missin herself. Tell me Grace. These rumors. You've had a child haven't you? That's why ye were yellin at black earlier." She looked at him confused. "I don't understand Joker. What is going on?" He folded his arms across his chest standing tall. "Where is the child lass?" Her eyes widened. "You were the one who sent the letter?" He narrowed his eyes at her. "Lorna Phantomhive. So ye have been right under me nose all this time. Then is black and smile family as well?" She frowned looking away. "No." She looked back up at him. "So you're telling me that you don't have Malakai?" He looked up at the wall glaring. "No, the brat got away. The man watchin 'im managed to run off before we even got into the place." He glared back down at her. "Now where are they?" She huffed struggling against her restraints. "Like hell I'll tell you!" He bent down gripping her throat tightly. "Ye best start talkin lass. That's if ye want to live at least." She squeezed her eyes shut as he tightened his hold. He huffed letting her go and stood up. She coughed and watched him walk to the entrance of the tent. "We have practice and performances to do. It would be in your best interest to stay quiet. I'll bring some food by later." He left the tent and she sighed closing her eyes.

~

At the end of the night performance Ciel looked around concerned before looking up at Sebastian. "Black. Where is Grace?" Sebastian frowned. "I don't know. She's blocked the connection I can't sense her." Ciel noticed doll walking by and ran over to her. "Doll!" She looked over and gave a small smile. "What is it smile?" He gave her a concerned look. "Have you seen Grace? She's gone missing." Doll frowned. "No I haven't. Have you talked to Joker?" Ciel looked up at Sebastian before looking back at Doll. "No, but we were about to. Thanks Doll." She nodded continuing in the direction she was going. Sebastian followed Ciel in the direction of Joker. "Joker." Joker turned around and smiled at the two. "Smile, black. What can I do for ya?" Smile frowned. "Have you seen Grace? No one can find her." Joker tapped his chin. "That's funny. We saw her earlier. Perhaps she's takin a break somewhere. I'm sure she'll show up." Joker walked away and Ciel scowled at Joker. "He knows something. Keep an eye on him." Sebastian nodded. "Yes."

Sebastian followed Joker at a distance and kept an eye out for William as well. Joker looked around before entering his tent and Sebastian hid. "And what are you doing out here at this hour demon?" Sebastian looked over at William. "Looking for my wife." William looked around. "Oh yes. Grace has gone missing hasn't she. Good luck black, but do keep yourself in check." Sebastian watched William walk away before looking back at Joker's tent.