Best Friends Brother

Jughead and Veronica are twins because why not and Veronica and Betty have been best friends since they were 4.
~Betty's POV~
"So how's Jughead?" I asked Veronica we were sitting in a booth at Pop's diner. I've liked Jughead for awhile now but I know Veronica would never allow it and I know because whenever we so much as talk to each other she gets mad "He's fine. Why do you ask?" She asked annoyed that I was asking about her brother "Just curious..." I answered her "Although he did have a glow up this summer but he's still the beanie wearing dork we all know and love." She told me "Speaking of..." I said pointing towards Jughead and Veronica wasn't kidding he did have a glow up "Hi Ronnie, Betts." He greeted both of us "Hey Juggie." I greeted him smiling like an idiot. He sat in the booth with us next to me which made me blush I think Veronica noticed, I hope not. "Is there something going on between you two?" She question "I wish." I said under my breath "Hmm?" They both asked at the same time "Nothing." I answered "Anyhow there is nothing going on between us she's like the sister I've always wanted." Jughead told her which slightly broke my heart "Bitch, what about me?!" "I said the sister I wanted." Jughead laughed Veronica rolled her eyes. (a/n:Skip to the first day of school because I'm lazy) Today I plan to ask Jughead to join the Blue and Gold and believe it or not it's not because I want to get close with him it's because he's an amazing writer. We were sitting at lunch and I saw Jughead sitting alone so I decided to invite him to our table. I got up and I heard I believe it was Kevin say something "Betty what are you-" "You'll see." I walked over there and tapped him in the shoulder "Hey, Juggie!" said a little too enthusiastically "Hey, Betts. A little hyper today are we?" He asked. He noticed "Ummm.... I had coffee this morning!" I improvised "Why would you of all people need coffee... Moving on later I have to talk to you about something." He told me "I have to talk to you about something as well. Anyhow I was wondering if maybe you would like to join us?" I asked him "Why not." He shrugged and picked up his plate and put it on our table "Wow you got him to socialize... How'd you do it?" Veronica joked "Magicians never reveal their secret." I joked back. Jughead just rolled his eyes "So how's your novel going?" I asked him "How'd you know about that?!" "I can talk ya know." Veronica said "I know you do it too much." Jughead said back. Jughead and I decided to head to the Blue and Gold to talk "Okay so I was hoping that maybe you could join the Blue and Gold?" I asked again smiling like and idiot "Okay." He answered "Wow that was easier than I thought it was gonna be." I said laughing "So what did you want to talk about?" I asked him "I was wondering if maybe you would like to go on a date with me to Pop's?" He asked I cannot believe this is happening I've wanted this to happen but at the same time I don't "Okay Jug, I like you and in THAT way too it's just that Veronica-" I began "Betty, no offense but I really don't care about my sister's opinion on this one or at all for that matter. If there's something that I've noticed through the years is that you let Veronica control you. I know it's not something that you want to hear but it's true and if she really doesn't support our relationship, if you want one, then she's not really your friend because a real friend would support you 100%." He told me. Now that I think of their are various occasions where she controlled me. "Alright fine. You're right." I said to him "So do you want to go on a date with me?" "Yeah." I said and kissed him it felt like my heart was beating a million miles per hour "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." I told him laughing "A few rules though Veronica doesn't know about this which means neither does anyone else." I said looking him dead in the eye "Yes ma'am." He said to me and kissed my hand "Pick me up at 6." I said kissed his cheek and walked out of the Blue and Gold with the biggest smile on my face. When he came to pick me up for our date he gave me a rose which made my stomach flutter. Overall the date went amazing. The next day at school at lunch he forgot it was supposed to be a secret and he put his arm around my shoulder everyone looked at me and then him and me again. Then I gave him a look. He almost choked on his food when he realized that it was supposed to be a secret then he got his arm of of my shoulder half of me wanted him to put his arm back on my shoulder but the other half knew that if he did people would know. Luckily Veronica wasn't there or else she'd go ballistic. Then out of no where Kevin grabbed my hand and dragged me to the bleachers "Kevin, why did you drag me here?" I asked him "Because I have to ask are you and Jughead together?" Kevin asked "Yes and please I am begging you don't tell Veronica!" I pleaded "Oof fine." Kevin said "Thank you, Kevin!" I said and hugged him when we got back I told Jughead we needed to go to the Blue and Gold "Okay so Kevin may or may not know about us..." I said biting my lip "How?" "He suspected us and then I confirmed. He said he wouldn't tell Veronica." "Speaking of my sister when are we gonna tell her? We can't hide our relationship forever." "Maybe not but I can damn well try!" "Betts!" "Juggie!" "Betty, the more we wait the more she's gonna hate us when we do tell her." I knew he was right and I did not care. "We are not telling Veronica until it's necessary." I told him "Fine." He sighed.

(a/n:6 month time skip)

Jughead and I were at Pop's on a date when I saw Veronica walk through the door "GET DOWN!" I whisper shouted "Betty, what are you doing?" He asked laughing "It's Veronica!" "Wait... You didn't tell her?! You promised you were gonna tell her!" "I didn't promise anything!" "You implied that very much!" "There's a difference between implying and doing!" "Get up from under the table we're doing this right here right now!" He said and walked to where Veronica is sitting "NO! Come back!!!" I whisper shouted. I got up from under the table "Hey Jug. Nice seeing you here... With my best friend..." Veronica said giving him a confused look and then gave me the same one "Betty and I are dating." He said to her "V I can-" I began "I don't want to talk to you. Ever." She stated making me cry "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" I asked crying my eyes out "Betts, it was gonna happen at sooner or later." He told me "I know you're right... But I also know that as long as we're together Veronica won't talk to me and... Veronica has been my best friend since we were 4 she can be a little bit of a control freak but she's still my best friend. I can't loose her. I'm sorry, Juggie." I said crying and I kissed his cheek.
~Jughead's POV~
I ran into the Pembroke and slammed the door "I hope you're happy with yourself!" I said to Veronica crying "What are you crying about?" "Betty, just broke up with me because of you. She said that she knows you won't talk to her if we're together so she broke up with me!" "Well I mean she's not wrong ." "UNBELIEVABLE. Veronica, did you ever consider the fact that Betty and I have feelings. Maybe if you stopped thinking about yourself for 10 minutes you could see that. Also you're dating my best friend Archie what's the difference between that and Betty and I dating? Hmm? That's right there isn't!" I told her meaning everything "Well I mean- there's- Alright fine you're right is that what you wanted to hear!" "Yes now call Betty and tell her you're sorry!" "Fine." "THANK YOU!" I said and rolled my eyes "Hey B. I know. No don't apologize I'm sorry for the way I reacted. How's Jughead? Oh umm he could be better. Yeah I'll tell him." Veronica said to Betty on the phone "Is Betty okay?" I asked "She wants you over." I automatically grabbed my jacket and ran to her house. When I got there I climbed up a ladder to her window. I tapped on her window she looked at me and ran to her window to open it. When I finally got inside she hugged me "I'm sorry." She said to me "Don't be." I told her and smiled "And I-I love you..." She said and I kissed her passionately "I love you too." I said back.