The Baptism

~Betty's POV~
I can't believe this is happening. Everyone told me that it would be fine, but it's not fine. I'm giving my mother CPR because my sister tried to drown my mother because of her "baptism". She's not breathing. This can't be happening. "Polly?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HELP! GET THE AMBULANCE OR SOMETHING!" I cried. She's not doing anything. My mom still isn't breathing, I checked her pulse. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. She's dead. This isn't happening, this can't be happening. I stood up, crying. "She's dead," I said looking at Polly "She dead and it's your fault! Our mother is dead because of you and your stupid farm crap!" I yelled "Listen Betty-" Evelyn started "No you listen to me! This is both of your faults! You let her die! I told you she wasn't breathing, that she was dying and you did absolutely NOTHING! You watched, you watched my mother die!" I stated and ran out.

  I called Kevin, I figured I could stay with him. I would try to stay with Jug but he already has his dad, JB, and his mom living there. "H-hey,Kev." My voice was shaky "Hey B, are you okay?" He asked "No. Could I stay with you tonight?" I asked him "What happened?" He asked "Nothing, uh. Never mind." "Wait-" before he could finish I hung up, because I remembered that he's a farmie so he'll just say that she'll be back because she was "reborn". I went to Jughead anyway, I wasn't gonna stay I was just gonna stop by.

  I knocked. JB answered, she rubbed her eyes. "Betty? What are you doing here it's like 3 am?" She asked "I need to talk to Jughead." I told her. She looked around my face, probably noticing that it's tear stained. I saw him walk out. "Hey Betts, you okay what happened?" He asked me "Um no, I'm not. My mom died. She died because of the baptism, I knew I should've tried to stop her. But instead I listened to everyone else telling me that it'll be fine!" I said, my voice raising after every sentence "Betts-" "Don't fucking 'Betts' me, Jughead! You yourself were someone that said 'It'll be fine just act supportive.' Well, guess where that got me Jug, where it got her! I know that anger isn't the most healthy way of grieving but I don't care!" He didn't say anything he just put my head in his chest. I began sobbing in his chest. After a while I calmed down. "I'm gonna go home. I guess me and Polly can talk about it in the morning." I was about to walk away when he said "Are you sure you should go home?" He asked concerned. No, I don't. "I mean I guess I could try Archie's." I told him "Okay. Bye. Call me if you need anything okay?" He asked "Yeah. Love you." I told him "Love you too." He said back. I walked to Archie's house.

  No one answered. I guess I have to go back to my house.  I inhaled and walked in to see Polly reading on the couch drinking tea. I rolled my eyes. "Betty can we talk about what happened?" She asked "What's there to talk about? You killed mom." I said simply "I didn't kill her-" "Right you just kept her under water even though she needed air to breathe then when I tried to save her you let her die, sounds like killing to me." I told her. She didn't say anything and that's all I needed to just leave.

  I realize this is probably a bad idea and she's probably not gonna like it, honestly speaking she gonna say no probably, I decided to try Cheryl's house. I knocked on the door and Toni answered "Well, well, well. Let me guess Jughead sent you here?" She asked. Why would Jughead send me here? "What? No. I'm here to ask Cheryl something..." I told her. She rolled her. 'Damn bitch okay then' I thought to myself. A minute later she came back with Cheryl "What is it now, Elizabeth?" She asked her eyes filled with spite "Can I stay the night here tonight?" I asked "Why what happened?" Her eyes then being replaced with sympathy "My mom died, because of Polly's stupid farm-cult." Tears began forming in my eyes but I kept it in "Oh dear cousin... Yeah come in. I'll go find you some pajamas." She told me "Thank you, Cheryl." She smiled sympathetically. Moments later heard Cheryl and Toni fighting, I know shouldn't of listened but it's a little hard not to when they're in the next room and it's not like I listened to much this is just what caught my attention. (To make it easier on myself Toni: this Cheryl: this)
"She's a Serpent Cheryl! Truth is I told Jughead I would go back if I was queen!"
'This bitch' I thought to myself
"You told me that you said no also she may be a Serpent but she's still my cousin! Her mom just died and Polly isn't any help!"
"Fine."
I was debating on weather I should just walk away or not when Cheryl came in wiping her tears "Cheryl I can leave if-" I began "No, no. It's fine. If you want we can talk about what happened, I know what it's like to loose a loved one. Maybe I could help you? I know I haven't been nice is in the past... or now for that matter. But I wanna change that." She stated "Thank you, Cheryl." I said and hugged her. She hugged me back.

~Jughead's POV~
That morning I figured I'd talk to Betty so I went to Archie's house, but of course she wasn't there. Maybe she went to her house? I knocked on the door. "Jughead? What are you doing here?" She asked "I'm here to talk to Betty." I told her straight up "She's not here but can you tell her that-" she began "No." I interrupted "Why not?!" "Do it yourself besides, I'm pretty sure you're the last person she wants to talk to." I told her truthfully and walked away.

  I decided to try to call Cheryl. "What do you want, Hobo?" I rolled my eyes "Is Betty there?" I asked. She hesitated. "Yes." I hung up and went to Thistle House. Toni answered the door. Wonderful. "What do you want Jughead?" She asked coldly. I rolled my eyes. "To talk to Betty. I know she's here, Cheryl told me." I told her "Please hold." Before I could interject, she slammed the door in my face. 'Rude.' I said to myself. Moments later Betty came out what could only be Cheryl's pajamas. "Are you Okay?" I asked her. She inhaled and coughed "No." "Betts... are you sure you don't want to stay at my place?" I asked her "It's fine I'll just stay at V's tonight." She insisted "You can't avoid Polly forever." I told her "As I once said. Ahem. 'Maybe not but I can damn well try!'." She quoted herself "Betty I'm serious." I told her "I've been in your situation before... sort of... just promise me that if the thing with Veronica doesn't work out, come to me. Okay?" "Okay." She agreed.

(a/n:Should I make a part two?)