Sick

~Betty's POV~
This morning I woke up and felt like I was going to die. I stomach hurt, my head ached, and half of my body felt like fire and the other felt like ice....Schools gonna be a fun day! When I got to school I got a lot of weird looks, probably because I was wearing a coat in April. Later when we got to the student lounge I saw Jughead and laid my head on his shoulder, at first it looked like he questioned that because I never do that, then he just went with it and ran his fingers through my ponytail because he knew it soothed me. When Veronica walked in she looked concerned and so did Archie and Kevin... Even Cheryl looked a little concerned. "Dear Cousin, what happened?" Cheryl asked sweetly "Nothing I'm fine." Lie. "Wow you are the worst liar I've ever encountered." She said and felt my forehead. She the smacked Jughead upside the head "Umm... Ow! What the hell was that for?!" He asked "Because she's obviously sick and you two are still here and not at neither her house nor the trailer!" Cheryl stated "I'm fine, Cheryl." Lie again. "Walk in a straight line!" Cheryl ordered "Fine." I stood up and I automatically fell down but Jughead caught me "You were saying." Cheryl said "Doesn't matter anyway if my mother finds out I wasn't here she'll go ballistic." I told them sniffling "But you're sick!" Kevin insisted "Kevin, have you met my mother?" I asked half joking "Fair enough." "What are you talking about? I'm sure she'll understand!" I forgot Veronica hasn't met my mother yet "No she won't to her grades come before well... Literally everything." I told Veronica "She sounds awful." Veronica said to me "Tell me about it." I said under my breath "...Okay I get why Betty didn't think of this because her brain isn't fully well... Functioning... But you guys could just go the trailer you idiots!" Cheryl pointed out "How am I supposed to get their? I can't even stand up." I asked and Cheryl looked at Jughead "He could carry you?" "What no-" I was about to say until Jughead cut me off by saying "Okay." He said and picked me up "...Goodnight..." I said drowsily "Goodbye, cousin get well soon." Cheryl said to me.

~Jughead's POV~
Betty fell asleep in my arms she was so adorable and it sounds weird but watching her sleep is kinda soothing... Okay scratch weird it's creepy. Well at least I thought she was sleeping "You're staring." She said groggily. I looked away "I wasn't staring!" "I've been awake for 10 minutes." Shit. "Okay yeah I was." I gave in "Do you wanna know a secret?" She asked "Yeah...." "I just woke up like 5 seconds ago." She whispered giving a small smile "Ha, ha. Very clever." I said sarcastically "I know. Goodnight." She said and fell back a asleep. Here and there she would smile or mutter something, sometimes my name would be brought up which made me very curious. We finally got to the trailer and I laid her down on my bed and went to get her cough medicine "Stay." She said tiredly "I have to get you cough syrup." I told her and she groaned. She took the medicine, she almost threw up in the process, but she took it. For some reason she was being very distant "Hey Betts, you know you can be near me." I told her "I don't want to get you thick...Thick...DAMMIT I CAN'T SAY IT! You know what I mean!" She yelled frustrated because she couldn't say 'sick' due to congestion "Betty, I carried you here, you were literally breathing on me. Besides... I don't care." I said putting her head on my shoulder. Moments later Betty fell asleep which isn't shocking. We just lied there for hours.