The Blackhood

~Betty's POV~
Jughead and I's relationship was great... Until I had to break up with him. It's not like I want to. I have no choice it's either this or Polly dies. The Blackhood told me to cut Jughead out. I tried to get Archie to do it but he refused. It's not like I can't do it myself... In any other circumstances I wouldn't, trust me this is the last thing that I want but if it saves Polly and Jug. It's worth it.

I went to his trailer. I'm doing this. You have to do this. I began crying. I saw him outside. "Hi, Betts. Hey it's okay... what's wrong?" He asked when he saw me. He began to hug me but I put him off. "Jug we need to talk..." I told him not looking at him. But I already knew he was sad. " Betty, what's wrong." I inhaled. Before I told him I walked up to him and kissed him passionately. Exhaled and told him. "I'm breaking up with you, Jughead. I'm sorry." I was trying my best not to break down sobbing. "What? I don't understand. I thought we were gonna try to work it out?" He paused "Is this because I'm a Serpent?" I almost caressed his cheek in force of habit, but I stopped myself "No it's not because of that, it's just I'm in a difficult situation right now. We just need some time away from each other for a while. I understand that this is a lot but it needs to happen." I tried telling him "Betty, whatever it is we can work it out together! Like Romeo and Juliet!" He began crying too "Not together. Jug, you don't understand, I don't have an option on this!" Told him "Then make me understand!" "I cant." My voice cracked "So after everything... you're just walking away?" He asked "Jug it's not like that! I'm not walking away, I'm protecting you!" I yelled "From what?!" I inhaled "Let's go inside, then I'll explain."

We walked inside "So what exactly are you "protecting" me from?" He said air quoting me "The Blackhood." I told him. He scoffed "What are you talking about?" He asked me "The Blackhood! He's been calling be telling me to cut everyone I love from my life! That's why I published that thing about my mom, that's why I said those things about Veronica, and that's why I have to break up with you!" I yelled frantically "Betty...why didn't you tell me?" He asked "Jug, he knows where Polly is. He threatened her. He threatened you. I just-" I was cut off by a certain familiar ringtone "Who is it?" He asked me, I held up my hand to show that he needs to be quiet and answered. "Did you do it?" The dark voice asked me "Yes. Now I get to ask you one question. How the hell do you know me?" I asked "Let's just say... we're related." He answered and hung up.

"That and him threatening everyone and everything in my life I love is basically my life right now," I told him "just to find out that apparently he's one of my relatives!" I yelled "Betts, how do you know that it's really him and not just some sociopath?" "Same difference." I answered "Fair enough but still how do you know it's really him?" "I don't. But I can't take that chance. Jug I think me talking to him is distracting him. Ever since we started talking he hasn't killed anyone." "How long have you been talking to him?" He asked "Since November." I answered "That long?" "Yeah." "From now on we tell each other everything. Okay?" I nodded in agreement.

(a/n: Hey so like ya girl needs followers on Instagram so my Instagram is: dunder.dale)