Toledo

(a/n:This gonna be a few things... oml this is so scattered)
~Betty's POV~
I walked up to a workshop that said "Jones" on it. I automatically knew I was at the right place. I just had to hope that Jughead was here too. I'm guessing my mom felt guilty for sending me to the Sisters because when I told her I was going to Toledo she said okay- no questions asked. The problem was there was a locked gate, luckily I brought my handy-dandy hair clip. The minute I walked in I saw an 11-13 year old pointing a slingshot at me. Fuck. "Drop the hair clip, bitch." She told me "Betts?" I heard a familiar voice say. Jughead. Thank god! "Hey, Juggie." I said walked over to him and kissed him. "What are you doing here?" He asked me "You know this girl?" She asked "This is my girlfriend. Betty. You probably don't remember her." Jughead told her. Then out of nowhere I see Jughead's mom coming towards them "Jug, JB, what's going on?" She asks, then she automatically looks at me. "I recognize that blonde ponytail anywhere! Betty Cooper, is that you?" She asked me "Yeah it's me." I said smiling "Wait Betty is your girlfriend... I thought she had a thing for Archie?" Jughead's mom asked "I did..." I said cringing "You also thought that Jughead and Archie has a thing for each other." Jellybean said. I smirked. "Betty, how did you know I was here?" Jughead asked, clearly trying to avoid the thing mentioned before. "Well I figured the last time you wanted to runaway you wanted to come here, that's where you'd probably be." I told him. I noticed that they were working on cars. "I see that you're fixing cars maybe I could be of assistance? I used to fix cars with my... dad." I said thinking back to when my dad was actually a good person. "You fix cars?" Jellybean asked "Yep." I answered. Jughead, Jellybean, and I were in the garage. "Crescent wrench, please." I asked, Jellybean gave me one and asked "So how did you guys get together?" "Well... We were investigating a murder case and one day he got a ladder, climbed through my window, I ranted about how crazy my family is, he comforted me, and then he kissed me." I told her. She looked at Jughead. "You're whipped." She told him. I laughed a little. "Am not!" He insisted "Yeah Okay!" Jellybean said sarcastically "Shut up!" Jughead hissed "You just got told by an eleven year old." I said laughing "Okay, Jug start the car." I told him "Nice job, Betts." Jughead said to me "Thank you... Although I couldn't have done without JB." I told him "What about me?!" He asked "All you did was stand there and talk to us!" Jellybean said. I chuckled.
•••
I stayed there for a few days until I knew at some point I had to go back to school and talk to Veronica, Cheryl, and Kevin. I pulled Jughead aside. "So what's gonna happen when I go back?" I asked bluntly "What do you mean?" He asked "Well I mean... Are you staying here or are you coming back to Riverdale with me? I mean if you're staying here I completely understand, Jug!" I told him. Truth is I was hoping to god that he wants to come home with me, I know it's selfish but I need him. "I think I'm gonna stay here." He told me. He looked so happy. "Oh... I guess it's settled then!" I sadly smiled. I guess we'll be spending our anniversary states away from each other. I began walking away. "Wait Betts, what's wrong? You said you're good with this." He asked "I am." Wrong I said I understand. "Okay." he said to me and walked away "What was that about?" I heard JB ask behind me "Nothing-" she cut me off "I'm eleven, not stupid. I know that it's not 'nothing'! So as your future sister-in-law you should tell me what happened!" She told me "Wait future sister-in-law me and Jughead aren't even-" I began before she cut me off again "Not the point! Tell me what happened." She insisted. I explained it to her. "Well... Why didn't you tell him that you want him to go with you?" She asked "Because weather I like it or not I can't control him... I'm his girlfriend, not his boss. If he wants to stay here with you and your mom that's his decision. Not mine. And I wasn't lying when I said I understand, because I do. Last year I would've gave anything to see my sister again, let alone live with her. I just don't want to go back and have no one." I explained "But don't you have friends? And your sister and mom?" She asked "Well my friends are helping Archie, my sister is too wrapped up in her weird cult and calling me 'sick' or 'crazy' rather than helping me, and my mom is the same with my sister and I don't trust her at the moment because I'm afraid if I'm alone with her she'll send me away again. Jughead's really the only one there for me. Once Veronica said to me 'Sometimes a friend is better than a boyfriend.' The thing is my boyfriend is my best friend." I told her "Betts?" I heard Jughead say "I'm gonna leave you two to it..." JB said awkwardly leaving "Why didn't you tell me that earlier?" He asked "You looked so happy when you said you were gonna stay. It was the same look you had when I asked you to join the Blue and Gold. I didn't want to ruin that." I answered "I just wish you told me what you actually thought instead of lying..." he said. This reminds me of prom last year (a/n:1x11) It doesn't make any difference. I'm still going back tomorrow and you're still staying." I said "Your leaving tomorrow... I thought you would at least stay for a  few more days..." he said hurt "I want to be able to go back to school on Monday... I'll be leaving tomorrow morning." I told him "Oh."
•••
I'm leaving in 5 minutes. It's like 5 am. Jughead was asleep and I didn't want to wake him, so quickly kissed him and left. I know I should probably at least say an actual goodbye... But if I say goodbye then I would stay.
•••
Today's our 1 year anniversary, and unfortunately Jughead is still in Toledo. Later I plan to surprise him by visiting. But before I went there I decided to call him. "Hey, Juggie!" I said excitingly "Hey, Betts what's up?" He asked "Do you know what today is?" I asked "The middle of September... why?" He asked. Did he really forget? "Oh uh- nothing... I just wanted to say hi. And know I have so bye." I said and hung up. I dragged myself to school. I feel so stupid to be sad about this... I know Jughead isn't into this kind of stuff, I don't know what I expected him to do or say. And I guess just because he forgot doesn't mean I shouldn't see him. I thought to myself in the hallway. And with that I left to pack for Toledo. "Hi, Jug." I said walking up to him "Betty! What are you doing here!" He asked hugging me "Umm... I just wanted to see you..." not false, I did want to see him. We were watching a movie when out of nowhere he says "I feel like I'm forgetting something... It's not your birthday, it's not Archie or Veronica's birthday..." there was a long pause before he finally realized what today was. "Today's our anniversary... isn't it?" He asked. I nodded. "Betts, I'm sorry." He said to me "It's okay. I didn't really expect you to remember I know that this kind of stuff isn't your thing." I told him "But I should've remembered." He said "Technically speaking you didn't forget...You just didn't remember until the night time." I said and giggled . He chuckled lightly "I'm going back to Riverdale." He told me "What made you change your mind? Don't get me wrong I love that you're coming back with me." I asked "I miss everyone... Hell I even miss Cheryl." He said making me laugh "I love you." "I love you too."