Mango

~Betty's POV~
I want a pet. A dog. A cat. I'll have a damn lizard but god dammit I want a pet. I'd rather have a dog but if that's not an option I'll take what I can get. I sound five years old but I swear I'm twenty-three.

I already kinda do. There's a puppy that always comes to our house, it happened so much that I started to leave food out for it. I don't know where she comes from but I hope she keeps coming. Jughead told me to not grow attached but it's too late. I call her mango. Don't ask me why, I really don't know.

Jughead is my boyfriend, we live together.

Mango has been coming here for months. Most of the time she sleeps on the back porch. I want to keep her so badly.

"Did you leave some food out for Mango?" I asked Jughead from the other room "Mango?" He questioned "The dog." I told him. He walked into the room I was in. "Betts, I told you, you shouldn't get attached." He told me and sighed "Why not? I don't understand why." I told him "She's not our dog, Betty!" He explained "Well she doesn't have a collar, no one in this neighborhood has a dog, and there isn't an animal shelter for miles. And say she does have an owner they clearly don't care enough to come get her whenever she's here!" I yelled "We can't keep her you know that right." He told me. I sighed. "Yeah. I know." Lie. I don't know. Unless I find out she has an owner god so help me I will keep this dog. "I know you really like this dog and so do I but she doesn't belong to us and that's that." He said gently.

The next day when Jughead went work in the morning I saw Mango still on the porch so I took her to the vet to see if she has a tracker or anything. She doesn't. I looked up how to adopt a stray dog and based on what I read I can adopt her. I just need to go to the an animal shelter to make it official.

I made her official name Mango Daisy Jones. Yes Jones...

I got everything I needed for a dog. A leash, a collar, dog good, dog snacks, toys, and a food and water bowl.

Before I went home I stopped at Chick- Fil- A because well... I'm hungry.

I gave her some of my chicken. I taught her how to catch it too. She's so cute.

The entire day I worked on showing Mango tricks.

Around four o'clock I watched Jughead walk through the door. "Hey, Betts- why is Mango in the house... with a collar?" He asked me. I smiled. "Because she's officially our dog now." I told him holding her. He looked frustrated. "God dammit Betty! I said we can't have her and suddenly that means adopt her behind my back!" He yelled. I put Mango down and she laid down and started sleeping. "Are you seriously mad at me for adopting a dog?" I asked "No. I'm mad because I told her we can't and you do it anyway." He explained "If it makes you feel any better I made her last name Jones..." I said hoping to get a smile and I did. I got his silly goofy grin. "I'm sorry for yelling just please talk to me about things first okay?" I nod in agreement. "What is it with you and the dog?" He asked "I don't know... I just feel like I've lost everyone. My mom, my dad, my sister, my friends. Everyone. This dog has no one. If there's a chance of giving her a home, I'm gonna do it. Plus I wanted a dog anyway." I told him and laughed a little. He nodded. "I love you... and Mango." He told me "I love you too." I said back.