Keep Moving Forward

~General POV~
A lot of time when people think of love they think of family or friends. For Betty and Jughead it was each other. They spent most of their lives together. Mostly as friends but at one point turned into more. They were the happiest together. Until they started fighting, they always stuck back but each fight just made them drift away more and more. At one point it would be weeks before he saw her again. She understood because he had things with the Serpents and his dad. Sometimes she felt as if he weren't important to her anymore. She didn't tell him that, but he knows her enough to know that she feels this way. But at last when South Side came to Riverdale high they saw each other more but it still wasn't the same.

One day they were walking down the halls of Riverdale high hand in hand. "I need to talk to you about something." He told her not looking at her face. "Okay. What is it, love?" She asked in a soft tone "Let's go to the Blue and Gold for this." He said and let go of her hand. She could feel her heart jump.

Something bad is gonna happen.

The words crossed her mind about a million times before finally following.

  "So what's up-" she began closing the door behind her "I'm breaking up with you." He told her bluntly. She didn't believe it at first. She tried to tell herself it was a prank, a joke. "No we're not. Really funny, Jughead." "Yes we are." She raised her eyebrow "You really need to work on your pranks." "I'm not joking Betty." "Why?" She asked him "Because I'm not feeling our relationship anymore and I know you aren't either." She scoffed "How presumptuous of you, Forsythe. Did it ever occur to you that maybe I want to try to fix it and not just give up?" She asked him with tears in her eyes "Not necessarily." "Whatever. I don't need you." She told him and walked out. Truthfully she didn't need him. She would still be herself. She didn't need a man in her life to be okay. But that doesn't mean she didn't want him. He was the love of her life after all. She ran into the bathroom and let it all out.

  In her mind she had to make it seem like it didn't get to her, like it clearly didn't to him. She can't let anyone know that this is getting to her, not even Veronica or Kevin, her best friends. She wiped her tears, plastered a fake smile on her face, and acted as if nothing happened.

  At lunch she stared longingly at Jughead. He looked happy. She knew his fake smile and his real one. This was definitely his real golden smile that she admired. She could feel tears coming to her eyes. "Betty. Betty!" Kevin said trying to get her attention. "What? Oh sorry. What were you saying?" She asked Kevin wiping her eyes. "Are you okay, B?" Veronica asked the blonde, obviously concerned for her friend. "Yeah. I'm fine. Jughead just broke up with me today. But it's fine. I don't need him." She told her friends and herself. "Are you sure? Maybe we could talk to him-" "Don't bother. He's clearly is happy."

  Once she tried to call him in attempt to get him back but no luck. He blocked her.

  The next few weeks she started to move on. Started to.

  Until on March 21st. She saw it. Him kissing some girl in the Serpents. She felt a pain in her chest. She tried to forget it but the image burned in her head. He already moved on completely.

  She still stayed friends with Toni, Fangs, and Sweet Pea. And Jughead still stayed friends with Veronica, Kevin, and Archie, obviously. Of course whenever the Core 4 was together it was always awkward, for Betty and Jughead it was at least. They had to sit on the same side too which was always awful. Jughead would try to make small talk but Betty would ignore him. Can you really blame her?

  She was reading a book on her bed, Beloved by Tony Morrison to be specific. When she got a text from none other than Jughead Jones. She hadn't changed his contact name. She didn't want to, she didn't feel it was important.