Chapter 2 Let The Competition Begin!!!

Eunhwa's POV

We are eating lunch at the cafeteria when I suddenly wanted bubble tea. "Hey guys, can we go get bubble tea at the shop near here after this?" I asked. "Sure!" Hyoyoo said. After we're all done eating lunch, we go to the bubble tea shop across the school. We all took our orders and paid. While waiting, we chatted and talked about the competition. "I wonder if we will win this time. I mean we only have today and probably tonight in the house." Hyoyoo said. Yes, we all live together and we split the rent payment because technically we're foreigners. I'm from Hong Kong, Yerin is from China (Beijing), Hayeon and Hyoyoo are cousins so they both come from England (London). We all moved to Korea about 5 years ago and we immediately clicked in with one another and we became BFFs ever since. even though there's a lot of difference between all of us, we all can speak English, Chinese, Cantonese, and Korean well.

"Yeah, we don't have a lot of time..." Hayeon trailed off. "But we'll do our best and win this competition!" I continued. "BlackR will never wilt. HWAITING!!!" Yerin exclaimed. Then, our orders are called so we took them and head back to school drinking it.

Once we arrived back at school, the hallways are all quiet because all the classes already started. We go straight to our dance studio to practice the dance again. We are quite surprised to see a woman at around her 20s in the studio. She turned around and said, "Good afternoon girls, I'm one of the committee members from the competition in Stargaze High. I'm here to see your progress." "Oh hello ma'am. We're just about to practice. You should sit there." Yerin said as she pointed to the couch in here. "Thank you." she said and sat down on the couch. "Okay let's go!!" I shouted. I started the music and we apparently got immersed in singing, rapping and dancing. After we finished, the woman claps her hands and says, "Great job! How long have you been practicing?" "Half an hour each for the vocals and rap and 2 hours for the dance." Yerin explained.

"Wow.. it looked like you've practiced for months. Great job, keep up the good work! I must leave now, good luck, girls!" she said then left. Right after she left, we all squealed excitedly. "OMGG SHE SAID THAT WE'RE GREAT!!!!" I squealed. "Do you guys think that we're able to make it now?" Hyoyoo asked again. "Of course, we're BlackR! But don't let your guard down, you all know that we're going against high school students." Hayeon said. "Yeah, we shouldn't underestimate them and overestimate us. Let's give them our best and show them the real BlackR!!" Yerin exclaimed.

"Yeah, we should or Eunhwa here will literally throw a tantrum if we don't win this.." Hyoyoo joked and we all laughed, well except for me. "YAH! I AM NOT LIKE THAT!!!!" I shouted. We all laughed again at my reaction. "Sure you aren't." Hyoyoo says sarcastically and I pouted. "Alright let's go home shall we. I'm exhausted.." Hayeon said. Then the laughter died down and we all go back home.
Today is literally so fun.

Once we all arrived at home, we immediately went to our shared bedroom. We did our night routine, scroll down social media for a while, play games in our phones and then go to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day.

The next day

Yerin POV

We wake up from our alarm at 5.30 a.m. Yes, we wake up that early because there are 4 of us and sometimes we take our time in doing the morning routine so we wake up this early. The first one to go to the bathroom is Hyoyoo. About 15 minutes later, she goes out and I go in. Another 15 minutes later, Hayeon goes in and another 15 minutes later Eunhwa goes in. While Hayeon and Eunhwa are still getting ready, me and Hyoyoo cook breakfast. Then we eat together and we go to school.

On the way to school, we chat and talk about what to catch up and the nervousness for the competition today. We just can't help to feel a bit nervous because well we're going against high school students so it's quite normal. When we arrive at school, we asked our other friends about the lessons we missed yesterday. She said that it's basically just reviewing and the teachers lecturing them about attitude since attitude is much needed.

We said thanks and resumed to the principal's office because apparently, he called us. We arrived there and the principal just went straight to the part of work. "Okay, today's lessons will be dismissed because of the competition. There's a black van waiting for you outside the school right now. There, you can change your clothes and everything. The make-up will be done on your own though, is that okay?" he said. "Of course" we all said.

"Great, best of luck girls. Continue your winning streak. I'll be cheering you on from here. Now, go to the van." he said. "Thank you, Principal Kim." we all bowed and leave. While we're walking to the van, some of our classmates and schoolmates cheered us on. By the time we go inside the van, we take out all of our clothes for the competition and change while the van is moving. After we're all done changing, I start to do our make-up. I only need to do natural make-up because that's what we normally do. By the time we finish everything, we arrive at Stargaze High already. We got out the van and somehow there are a lot of cameras but, we keep our cool composure and go backstage. When we enter the backstage, there are so many, like literally, so many high school students. We just go to our section and talk about the competition and everything.

Suddenly, a group of 5 girls approach us. "Looks like there are middle school students here. I thought it's just for high school students. Oh wait, you must be the group from Kalopsia Academy. Just got informed yesterday, right? I bet you can't beat us." one of them smirked. "Oh we'll see about that. From Twilight High am I right? The one that's called H.Y.D.R.A.? Right... we'll see who's gonna win." Hayeon retorts. She scoffed, "What can middle school students like you possibly do? We'll beat you alright. Just wait and see." and with that they left. "Well at least we have motivation to win now." Eunhwa said. I chuckled "Yeah let's show them the real BlackR!"

One by one the competitors start going up to the stage. I have to admit that they're amazing. Right now, I can't help to feel nervous, even the girls. We are the last ones to come out. Once we come out, applause is heard throughout the auditorium. "Please introduce yourselves." one of the judges said. "1, 2, 3" I counted "Petals of elegance with thorns of danger, hello we are BlackR!" we all said.

"Okay short interview, why is you group name BlackR?" another judge asked. "Well, BlackR stands for Black Roses so in this group are just like roses. It's black because well, we want to be different and unique from others. Then roses because our elegance, appearance and everything good are like the petals, pretty. The thorns are our flaws and insecurities as well as our worries and problems because of course, no human is perfect. So, our group name is BlackR because of that." Hyoyoo explains as she was the one who came up with the group name. "Meaningful. Now please show us what you girls got." A series of applauses are heard and we go to our positions and we start.

(Cue play the video on top. Formation is the same as the one on Chapter 1)

After we're done, we heard cheering and clapping. Even the judges are nodding their heads as if they're saying "not bad". All the groups are called up to the stage while the judges are discussing the winner.
All of us are anxious, nervous and probably the feelings are muxed up but well basically anxious.
"Okay." The judge started as he gets the attention. "You all have done extremely well today but there can only be 1 winner and that winner is...." he trailed off. Everyone is waiting on his announcement. Everyone in this exact auditorium is anticipating the judges' decision.

"BLACKR FROM KALOPSIA ACADEMY!!" he shouted and we all broke down. We are shocked, happy, excited, and a whole series of emotions. It's quite unbelievable.