Chapter 31 Music Bank But A Problem?

The next day
Hayeon's POV

I wake up to my noisy and annoying alarm and I quickly shut it off before getting up and doing my morning routine. After I finish the whole routine, I head downstairs to help whip breakfast up. Hyoyoo and Yerin were downstairs already so I didn't have to help much. Just as we finish, Eunhwa comes downstairs. We eat breakfast and suddenly Minho and Felix appeared in the room that I nearly choked. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"We have a bad feeling of what's going to happen today. Please just stay here and don't go anywhere" Felix said. "But we have school and Music Bank to attend to" Hyoyoo said. "I know but seriously, our vampire instincts never let us down" Minho said going beside Hyoyoo and kissing her cheeks. "C'mon, even if something bad happens we got telepathy and powers and we can fight" I said. "You can fight?" Minho asks looking at Hyoyoo.

"We were told to learn martial arts and self-defense techniques by our parents just in case something happens. We both learnt Taekwondo and we both have black belts, 3rd grade" Hyoyoo said. "Oh ma gawd" Felix said. "What about you two?" Minho asked. "We learnt boxing and some Wushu as well. I must say that the both of us are pretty decent at it" Yerin said. "Who's the best fighter?" Felix asked. "Definitely Hyoyoo, she's naturally brutal and merciless so she does best in these kind of stuff" Eunhwa said. Hyoyoo just smiles sheepishly at Minho.

"Let's see about that" he said and smirks and Hyoyoo's eyes widened. "Okay nevermind, there is no way I'm battling with you on that" Hyoyoo said. "Why not? Aren't you like really good at it?" Eunhwa asked. "Umm... some reasons you won't understand" Hyoyoo said looking fearfully at Minho. I was confused and so were the others but we decided not to ask and just eat.

After we're done eating, we bid goodbye with the boys and head to school. We weren't late so that was a big relief. We went to our lockers, grab our books before sitting down in class, waiting for the teacher to come. It was music class and we wouldn't miss it for the world. It was crucial especially at our state. The teacher came in and said "Okay, for today, NCT and Stray Kids will teach all of you everything you need to know about composing. Today, the whole school time will be music class so take your time."

Just then, NCT and Stray Kids come in and they bowed as we reciprocated it. "I'll hand the class over to you gentlemen. I'll get going" the teacher said and exits the class. "Now about composing, anyone done it before?" Taeyong asked. Hyoyoo raised her hand up and well, the rest of us didn't since we only helped in converting the lyrics, not the whole composing part. "How long did it take you two write and compose 1 song?" Chan asked.

"With their help it was 4 to 5 hours" Hyoyoo answered. "Oh my God you finish in 4 to 5 hours how?" Changbin asked bewildered. "Well we have a special trick that only our group makes. And that is writing a short story of the theme and the song first. So when we write the lyrics we would have an image of the song, like a vision. Then for composing, well, the inspiration just comes to me like it's based on the feel and vibe of the song. So like if it's a sad song then the beats would be slow, showing that the song is sorrowful, something like that" Hyoyoo said.

"Can you give us an example?" Mark asked. "Are you trying to start up an interview or something?" I asked out of the blue. "No we aren't. We're trying to get information on how to compose fast like her" HAN said. "Alright alright. So you know our song Hybrid?" Hyoyoo asked and they all nodded. "I think that can be used as an example" she said.

"But doesn't that song have an eccentric and weird beat and well melody?" Hanmin asked. "Exactly. The title is Hybrid. The song is about how normal becomes peculiar, becomes different, becomes a hybrid. You don't see that everyday or even never see that do you? If you did I wouldn't make it eccentric and weird, I would've made it differently. The thing is, hybrids are peculiar and different, and that's why Hybrid has the most peculiar beat and melody of all the songs. That's an example" she said. "Oohhh... impressive" Chan said. "Did a composer just compliment me? Oh my God" she said teasingly. "Now that you've heard it from her, you have an assignment to do. Work in groups. I don't mind how many members there are actually. Compose and record a song by dismissal time. You can ask for help from any of us." Taeyong said and we immediately go to our studio to get to work.