02

02

Chapter Warnings : none

▪E D I T E D▪

"I'm just-- I'm just so excited, Ni!!" Louis fanned his wrist as he examined a tomato in his other hand, with the utmost intrigue one would not expect for a... Well... Tomato.

Niall sighed behind him as he awkwardly smiled at strangers who gave him sympathetic looks. "I'm sure you are, Lou... Are you done yet?"

"Just look at this!" Louis ignored Niall's exasperation and rolled the tomato between his fingers. "So red, so ripe! It's going to be amazing!"

"Then why are we wasting time here? Might as well get started, yeah?" Niall feigned excitement and Louis grinned. "Yes! But we have to get mushrooms now."

Niall groaned softly as he trudged behind his bestfriend, trailing the basket behind him. They were currently in the mini-market beside their condo so that Louis could pick out the ingredients for a new savoury pastry he was thinking of adding to the small café he had. To say that Louis was excited would be an understatement.

Niall panicked when he finally zoned in to what was happening around him.

"N-niall..." Louis' lips wobbled as he clutched a pack of measly mushrooms in his tightened fist.

"Shoot. Um, Lou--" Nialk rushed forward and let the basket drop as he softly gripped Louis' face and body, checking for injuries. "What is it? Where does it hurt?"

Alphas around bristled at the amount of distress that Louis exuded, and Niall's panic wasn't helping. An elderly woman came over to the two and gently pried Niall from Louis. "Darling," She was an Omega, and seemed to know what she was doing, so Niall came off it and watched cautiously. "Darling, what's the problem? Don't cry..." She chuckled when Louis wrapped his arms around her and bawled, Niall apologising profusely on the side.

"Th-the mushrooms..."

"Hmm?"

"The mushrooms!" Louis let go suddenly, and the woman raised her brows when he looked furious. "The manager! Where the hell is that fucker?!"

"Uh--" Niall stumbled in surprise at the whiplash of emotions. "I. Need. The. Manager." Louis accentuated each word with a harsh poke to the packet and the woman watched with pursed lips and mirthful eyes.

"Where can I get one?" He spat sarcastically, and the woman finally laughed, stilling everyone around her.

Oh no.

But contrary to what everyone thought would happen, they watched as the 'crazy' Omega deflated and stared at the laughing woman with a confused pout on his face.

"Darling, tell me what the problem is?"

"Why should I? And what's so funny?" Louis' face turned pink as he made himself more upset for no real reason at all.

"I am the manager, and darling, you look so pretty! How can I not be happy in presence of such beauty?" She grinned in amusement as she brushed a fringe off of a gob-smacked Louis' forehead, who preened under the compliment. "Yeah?"