18

18

▪E D I T E D▪

Louis muttered to himself as he threw the articles of the room apart, eyes blurred with tears. "Come on..." He murmured, searching for a very important ring. He remembered Niall telling that he'd changed its whereabouts to his room, somewhere, since Liam was quite nosy and knows Niall like back of his hand to pick up on the fact that the Omega was being weird.

A crash sounded in the living room, Liam throwing another article to the floor as he gripped his hair.

"--FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!! WHY?!"

Gulping down the tears that gathered under his eyelids, Louis turned to the small-- very unlikely-- nightstand that stood in the open, pulling the draw to peep inside. Nothing. No ring. Just the bottle of pills, his glasses (that he never uses), a pack of lube and--

Oh.

A box.

A wooden box.

Niall could keep it there, right?

Louis swallowed as he looked at the dauntingly small box that, although quite faint, reeked of Alpha Styles' scent. Zayn had given it to him, not the Alpha himself...

And Louis hadn't been curious enough yet to open it...

Now, he needed to.

He grabbed the box off of its position and clicked it open, breathing out a sigh of relief when he spotted the exact ring he was looking for, nestled in the red velvet sheets that lay in the box, on top of a slip of paper that read 'a reminder' in cursive font. Which, ouch. He hesitated when he grabbed the ring. He poked a finger through the layers of velvet; he could feel something under it--

Another crash sounded. Dropping the box onto the bed, Louis marched out the room, unknowing of the effect he had on a certain someone with his touch upon it.

"Liam!" Louis grabbed the Alpha around the waist and grunted in pain when his elbow punched him the chest. Liam dropped the plate in his hands and turned around in panic and worry, resting a hand on Louis' bump protectively.

"Louis, you could've been hurt!"

Louis only rested his chin on Liam's shoulder, pushed his fist into Liam's hand. "Wear this."

"Wh-what are you--"

"It's a Howlite crystal ring. Niall got it for you. Wanted to give it to you for your birthday, said he got it for your anger," Louis murmured as he watch Liam slip it on his ring finger, the blue of the crystal reminding Liam of Niall's eyes. "Now," Louis gritted, an angry glint in his eyes, "Clear your fucking mind and search for Niall instead of breaking things and moping around. Okay? It's already been 2 days, I know. But just... Okay?"

Liam kissed Louis' forehead in understanding, and mumbled, "I'll be back, love you," Against it, and walked out the apartment in resolution.

Louis set out to cleaning the kitchen and living room in silence, a dustpan and broom in hand, and sighed when he thought of how he couldn't really help anyone in his very pregnant state. Softly brushing a hand over his bump, Louis set the cleaning supplies down and walked to the fridge so he could fetch himself a glass of chocolate milk.

He walked back into his room when he'd gotten his drink, and stilled when he spotted the box.

It just laid there.