25

25

E D I T E D▪

Louis knocked on the wall that separated him from the mated pair in the living room, and he peeked his head when Niall let out a squeak. Zayn was now sat on the armchair, Niall on his legs, squirming shyly when Louis snickered softly.

He hid all traces of him crying.

Niall leaned into Zayn's touch, the Alpha's chest purring softly to appease his mate, and help him settle down. Louis walked in slowly, taking his seat on the couch, a hand resting on his bump.

Louis wasn't going to lie. He was thoroughly confused by how the two before him worked together as a couple. Newly mated pairs were usually smitten with one other, refusing to take any steps or time away from each other at all times.

Well, for a while, anyways.

He'd seen that with one of the couples that had lived in the apartment, opposite to their own. They wouldn't stop touching each other; whether it be small gentle brushes of fingers, or lips, or holding hands, touching the other's hip-- something. They'd even taken a few days off just to spend time with each other. It had been entertaining and fascinating to Louis whenever he'd spied on them (Liam would usually chide him and turn his head while Niall giggled along with Louis like they were children who sneeked into their parents' bedroom as an adventure), but they no longer lived there. The Omega got pregnant and they set to raise their pup someplace else.

But Zayn and Niall? Louis doesn't know how long they've been mated-- could be three, maybe four days... But they were peculiarly distant.

Maybe because Niall was in love with Liam, and all this was a momentary mistake. Louis wasn't one to judge at all.

It was his family in the end.

Kind of a downside that one other wolf was missing.

Zayn seemed content to just have his arms wrapped around Niall's waist, the Omega resting his head sideways against the Alpha's shoulder. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Louis tucked his hair behind his ear and looked down when Zayn nuzzled Niall's hair and the Omega brushed his lips against Zayn's stubbled jaw.

Goddess.

What the hell was Louis doing here, again?

Oh. Right.

"Zayn?" Louis asked tentatively, making the Alpha look up at him with a sort of reserved look on his face. Goodness. Louis probably deserved that.

"I need to speak with Niall," Louis breathed, "Alone?"

Zayn's eyes bore into his, shifting greatly with a flicker of emotions that Louis couldn't decipher.

"Could whatever it is, not be said in my presence? I do not wish to leave my mate's side," Zayn murmured softly, nosing against his mark on Niall. Niall let out a soft scandalised gasp when Zayn brushed his tongue over it, blushing when Zayn wound his arms tighter. Zayn was claiming his territory, and Louis could tell.

"Oh," Louis muttered, grumbling. When on one side he wanted to tell Zayn to shove it (because Niall was his bestfriend first, and shouldn't pregnant Omegas be given first preference?) like he usually would, he bit it down because he was dealing with a newly mated pair. Louis feared that even Niall wouldn't agree, since they just seemed to have just patched some things up between them.