07

07

▪E D I T E D▪

Louis snapped his eyes open and sat straight, a bit too fast it would seem, for he felt dizzy. He gripped his head in his hand, and flinched when someone screeched shortly beside him. "L-lou?!" Before he could contemplate what was happening, he was being squeezed close by a comforting warmth, who he guessed was Niall. Nuzzling into the familiar scent, Louis squeezed his eyes shut as he slowly raised his hand to his neck.

It had to be there. He told himself that it would, as his other hand lowered to his slightly protruding belly, protectively wrapping an arm over it.

Nothing.

Louis' shoulder shook with dry sobs, and Niall whined high in sorrow, not knowing what to do. Louis' doctor, along with a couple other nurses came rushing at the noise and erratic beating of Louis' heart, which made the heart moniter beside his bed beep along.

Louis sighed when his head finally cleared, the cool water that was being fed to him helping a lot. He sniffled softly, eyes flickering to where Niall was being seated, two nurses tending to him.

"Louis? Louis, can you tell me how you're feeling?"

Louis looked up with bloodshot eyes, his stare pitifully blank.

"Louis?"

Much to the surprise of the wolves present in the rooms, Louis plucked the tubes connected to him in a flash, and threw his feet over the side of the bed and stood up. For a moment everyone stilled in the room when Louis' eyes morphed into his wolf's dazzling silver, shining bright even in the harsh lights of the hospital room.

Afterall, what could one expect from a mateless, pregnant wolf?

Louis' chest rumbled softly as he protectively shielded his belly from the strangers around him, his eerily glowing eyes passing over each figure in murderous appraisal.

"Where." He said, and Niall's mouth gaped when the Omega's canines made an appearance, "Where are my clothes."

He snapped his jaw angrily with a fierce glare when he saw a nurse move to get a syringe of Hypnotics ready.

He needed to go. He needed to leave. He was away from his Alpha, and he needed to leave.

He flickered his eyes over to where his doctor pointed, and spotted his caramel sweater and black woollen leggings. Still glaring, Louis walked over to his clothes, his bare back exposed to the cold air. His eyes dimmed for a flash when he felt a searing heat run through his body. His lips parted in a silent cry of pain, because Alpha.

Louis just knew.

But then, he hardened his eyes in resolve, and despite the second flash of heat that passed through to the tip of his toes-- an apparent warning from his Alpha-- he dropped his flimsy gown to his ankles, naked before the various pairs of foreign eyes. His fingertips burning, Louis picked up his clothes and wore them, making the process as long as possible.

And in some words, Louis looked regal. His hard eyes glistened with swirling anger that reflected a shade of deep infested sorrow. His slightly turned-down lips fought to push back in order to slip out a snarl, and his cheeks were dusted with a light shade of pink. His back was straight as a rod as he stiffly pulled the sweater over his head, supposedly against what his Alpha wanted.

If his Alpha wanted to make a point, Louis needed him to know that he had to do it before him, or never.

None of the wolves in the room moved, quite stunned at the Omega who seemed to have gone back to his normal presence, now casually putting on his Vans.